Have you ever suffered a tingling sensation in your feet? Oftentimes, after sitting for a long time, we feel some tingling in our feet when we get up. This is quite common and the medical term for this tingling sensation is Parasthesia. The tingling phenomenon is though normal but if it happens more than normal, it may be a sign of an underlying problem. It is better to see a doctor to clear the doubts. For normal tingling, you can try some home remedies. To some extent, these do work in case of persistent tingling also. Let us tell you these easy and effective home remedies for tingling in hands and feet.
Treat Tingling With Home Remedies
We have listed down five home remedies to free your hands and feet from tingling. Try these to ease tingling.
#1 Use Lavender Essential Oil
Essential oils are of great help in relieving a lot of health issues including tingling. Lavender oil is the best to treat paresthesia. Using this oil will relieve the tingling of your hands and feet. Lavender oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-analgesic properties to ease paraesthesia.
- Mix 10 drops of lavender oil with coconut oil
- Apply this oil on your feet or hand where tingling is happening.
- Massage your tingling skin with this oil mixture.
- It is best to use this before going to bed and leave overnight to overcome the problem.
#2 Epsom salt foot soak
Epsom salt has magnesium which has anti-inflammatory properties that can also relieve tingling sensation. You can try Epsom salt soak to reduce the sensation. Foot soaks are great for your feet. It can also soothe the irritated nerves which are likely to cause numbness and tingling.
- For this, fill a tub half with water.
- To this, add one cup of Epsom salt to it and mix well.
- Immerse your feet or hands(where tingling is happening) for about 30 minutes in this water.
- Doing this regularly can relieve this problem forever.
#3 Foot Massage
Massage therapy is a proven therapy for tingling. Massaging hands and feet helps to reduce the constant tingling sensation. Massaging stimulates the nerves and increases their functioning to reduce tingling. Massaging also increases blood circulation which is another factor to relieve tingling.
Cinnamon is a medicinal herb that can relieve multiple problems including tingling. Cinnamon has potassium and manganese which are good to boost blood circulation thereby relieving extreme numbness and tingling.
- In a pan, heat 1 or 2 cups of water.
- Add one teaspoon cinnamon powder in this water and mix them.
- Drink this water twice every day
- This helps in controlling the condition of paraesthesia.
Eating curd or yogurt is also a great remedy to get rid of tingling from hands and feet. Yogurt has many nutrients including manganese which helps in improving the functions of your veins by enhancing blood circulation and eliminating the tingling sensation from hands and feet.
Consuming a bowl of curd or yogurt daily can not only relieve tingling but also offer myriad other health benefits.
Read More Such Articles in Home Remedies