Indian herbs act as a solution to many common problems since ages. Despite being used in day to day life they have medicinal properties ensuring our better health.
Indian herbs are generally used as ayurvedic remedies for various day to day life issues. Most of us have heard of them since childhood as our grandma's medicine. They can be grown in our kitchen garden and can be used anytime we want to as they are easier to take care of them. Haven't you seen TULSI plant at almost every home? Let us look at some of the most common herbs and their benefits.
Tulsi can be seen in almost every household. Besides being a sacred plant, it also has a number of benefits. It is being used in Ayurveda and Siddha practices since long. It has the property of waste elimination. Keeping tulsi around your house will protect you from many unwelcomed infections.
Tulsi is taken as herbal tea
- The oil extracted from the Karpoora Tulsi is widely used in the herbal toiletry. Its oil is also used to kill the insects and bacteria
- The Rama Tulsi is the effective home remedy for the severe acute Respiratory Syndrome. Juice of Rama tulsi leaves gives relief in cold, fever, bronchitis and cough
- Tulsi oil is also helpful in ear problem and is used as the ear drop
- Besides this, Tulsi is also helpful in hair growth and deep hair cleaning
- Tulsi helps in curing malaria, indigestion, headache, hysteria, insomnia and is very effective against cholera's
The aloe vera is cultivated only under the sun with a well-drained dry or moist type of soil. Although the Aloe Vera plant tastes like a turd, it is edible. The aloe vera sap is remarkably useful to speed up the healing & reducing the risk of infections for
- reducing inflammation
- uneven skin tone
Besides, its external use on the skin, aloe vera is also taken internally as the remedy of
- ulcerative colitis
- chronic constipation
- pooR appetite
- digestive problems
Aloe Vera has enormous remedial properties inside it. It's green surface covering the jelly portion inside is it's a unique feature. Drinking aloe vera water daily will act as detox water.
Coriander is packed with fiber, magnesium, manganese, protein, and iron. It is full of vitamin C and essential oils. It can be grown in a flowerpot with little efforts. It is used both as a garnishing as well as a cooking herb. Its aroma and taste are well known all over the world. Main benefits of this herb contain:
- Coriander is helpful in lowering down the cholesterol level in the blood
- This power-packed herb helps in nausea, vomiting, and stomach disorders
- It is helpful for hypertension patient as it lowers down the blood pressure level in the body
- It is believed to cure small-pox
- Coriander also helps in proper hormone secretion, it is very helpful in preventing menstruation disorder
Peppermint is regarded as ‘the world’s oldest medicine’ often, with archaeological evidence placing its existence and use at least as far back as ten thousand years ago. Peppermint is high in manganese, vitamin A and vitamin C. Crushed leaves of peppermint rubbed on the skin helps soothe and relax the muscles. Infused peppermint leaves are used in many home remedies. Some of them are:
- It reduces irritable bowel syndrome
- It can fight against upset stomachs
- Peppermint inhibits bacterial growth
- It can also treat fevers
- flatulence can be cured by using peppermint
- It can be useful in the spastic colon
These easy-to-grow herbs bring a lot of health benefits to your garden as well as your family. Many of them attract insects, including bees, and help in removing harmful pests from more sensitive plants nearby. Locate these plants with their preferred conditions for light, water, and temperature in mind.
Read more articles on Ayurveda
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.