Deepika Padukone is the diva of Bollywood. Read about her diet and workout regime
The Bollywood diva, Deepika Padukone is all jazzed up for her birthday. The athletic, actress who switched her career from badminton to Bollywood has all the eyes on her. Starting her Bollywood journey from Om Shanti om, Bachna ae Haseeno to Padmavat and now Chhapaak she has travelled a long journey. We all are aware of her extraordinary acting skills, but a few us know her as a generous human being. Deepika has adopted a village named Ambegaon in Maharashtra. She pays for its electricity and water bills. The Indian beauty will turn 34 tomorrow, and would still look in her 20s. Let us know what motivates her to maintain such a stunning and toned body.
Deepika's Secret Mantra:
According to Deepika, it is half the diet, and half work out that ends up giving her an exceptionally adorable body. She believes in a woven fitness regime. Her workout sessions comprise a mixed approach to cardio, weight training, dance, and yoga. She is a fitness freak and, spends quality time sweating up in the gym. Discipline is the key to achieve your goals, be it getting the desired body shape or accelerating in the work field. Having said that Deepika too, leads a very disciplined lifestyle.
- She wakes up early in the morning, does a bit of stretching and yoga.
- Follows it with a walk for about 30 minutes
- Keeping it intact to the strength training she does pushups, pilates, and squats
- Light, weight training
- Dancing and again, some stretching
She obeys to this every day, without fail. Except for these strenuous exercises, she is a firm disciple of yoga asanas and meditation. Surya namaskar is also an integral part of her yoga regime. Apart from these typical workouts, dance is one thing she adores. Deepika enjoys trying out different dance forms. Though mostly she prefers to practice, Kathak, Bharatnatyam, and jazz. She maintains a regular workout routine, except on the hectic days of the shoots. Still, she can take out time for meditation even on busy days.
View this post on Instagram
6 Meals A Day
Deepika makes sure that she is having all her meals on time. In an interview with Style Craze, she revealed being a dessert person. It portrays the fact that she lives a very focused life and eats as per her diet plan. She never appreciates starving diet plans for maintaining the desired body weight. Let us dig into her daily diet routine. Deepika starts her day very early in the morning, she wakes up at about 5:30 a.m., to have a cup of warm water with honey and lemon or water of soaked fenugreek seeds. These antioxidants early in the morning work as a medicine for the stomach.
- At around 7:30, she takes her breakfast. She considers breakfast as one of the most important meals of the day. Her breakfast is usually heavy and rich in protein.
- Two egg whites with low-fat milk and almonds
- 2 egg whites+ dosa/upma/idli
These are her most preferred go-to, breakfast options.
- Before lunch, at around 10 am, she takes a bowl full of fruits. Fruits are full of vitamins and fibre, which makes them extremely nutritious. They are not the actual food products, but they are those necessary supplements that improve the digestion process.
- For lunch, she goes for a full protein-rich diet like fish, pulse and a bowl full of veggies.
- Evening supper is mostly with filter coffee and almonds and pecan nuts.
- Padukone is very particular for dinner. She takes her dinner before 7 p.m. Her dinner is composed of chapati, veggies, and salad. She occasionally eats dark chocolate as a bedtime snack.
View this post on Instagram
Deepika is very particular about the timings of meals; eating on time is as important to her eating the correct food. She avoids consuming rice after 7 p.m. and makes a note that she is never stress-eating. She also talks about how important it is to celebrate cheat days as our body, easily gets adapted to a particular amount of calorie intake.
Read more articles on Exercise & Fitness
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.