Father’s Day Special: Chocolate cake has been with us over 150 years. The discovery of grinding cocoa beans between heavy stones produced cocoa powder, which then became chocolate. Many types of cakes making techniques have led to over a dozen chocolate cakes variants like black forest, etc., but the simple chocolate cake still reigns supreme. Every third Sunday of June is celebrated as the Father's Day. Here is one opportunity to wrap your father's lips around the original cocoa-rich concoction. Try this chocolate cake recipe by Ruchi Mittal, Just Baked by Ruchi, Homefoodi (Food Aggregator Start-up).
CHOCOLATE CAKE INGREDIENTS
- 2 cup all-purpose flour and 2 cups granulated sugar
- One cup unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 cup buttermilk.
- 1 tsp baking powder,1 tsp salt and 1 tsp coffee.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 tsp baking soda.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 2 eggs.
CHOCOLATE CAKE BAKING INSTRUCTIONS
- Mix the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, coffee, salt, and cocoa into a bowl and mix well.
- Mix buttermilk, vanilla extract, oil and eggs in another bowl.
- Transfer the ingredients of 2 to 1 and mix thoroughly either using a spatula or a mixer at low speed.
- Pour the batter in a vessel and bake for about 30-45 Minutes at 350 Fahrenheit/175 Celsius.
- Cool the pan for an hour and add chopped chocolate slices (optional).
Vanilla cake recipe by Suvidha Gupta, Addilicious Cakery, Homefoodi (Food Aggregator Startup)
The Classic Vanilla Cake is the perfect cake for Birthdays and Weddings. One cake that finely blends moistness with flavours. Simplicity is at the heart of this cake, and all items are usually readily available in your home kitchen. The cake is dense and has a tight crumb. This father's day you can go for an eggless version as well. Have you have never baked a cake from scratch? If yes, you will find this one simple and fun. The secret to a perfect vanilla cake is usually the flour and a touch of oil for its moistness. The soft and fluffy cake can be sprinkled with a choice of nuts, creams or even some fruits.
VANILLA CAKE INGREDIENTS
- 2 cup all-purpose flour and 2 cups granulated sugar.
- 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp salt.
- ½ cup butter and 1 cup buttermilk.
- 2 eggs.
VANILLA CAKE BAKING INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat a round pan to 350 Fahrenheit/175 Celsius. Butter and line it with Parchment Paper.
- Mix two cups flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and buttermilk in a bowl. Mix well with a spatula or a mixer.
- Mix 2 and 3 to make a batter and bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Cool the pan for an hour and trim the top of the cake to level it. Add garnishing (optional).
Carrot is the most overpowering ingredient, and the others add to the Zing of this magical cake. You can also make a carrot cake by following the steps below.
CARROT CAKE INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups grated carrots.
- 2 cups flour.
- 4 eggs.
- 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup apple sauce.
- 2 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1 cup chopped pecans/walnut/raisins (Half Each for the Cake and Garnish)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- ½ tea-spoon each of grounded nutmeg cloves and cinnamon.
- 1 cup canola oil or melted coconut oil or vegetable oil.
- ½ tea-spoon salt.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 500 grams of cheese softened to room temperature.
- 100 grams of butter.
- 500 grams of sugar.
- 20 ml of heavy cream or milk.
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract and salt to taste.