What is Eucalyptus? Eucalyptus has become one of the most used medicines in fighting breathlessness due to its various effects. Eucalyptus is a strong-smelling tree, which is used as a medicine due to its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and expectorant properties. People commonly use eucalyptus leaves to fight asthma (shortness of breath) and flu-like diseases. Nowadays, you can find eucalyptus in tea and oils. It is the most recommended option as it is entirely natural and does not contain any artificial product. However, keep in mind that eucalyptus oil needs to be used with caution as it can have some side-effects too.
5 Eucalyptus Tips For Breathing Problems
- If you want immediate relief, then we recommend you eucalyptus drops. You can make it and keep it in the refrigerator. So, here's this handy-remedy.
- Important ingredients for eucalyptus drops: Three tablespoons eucalyptus leaves (45 grams) and 2 cups water (500 ml)
- How to make eucalyptus drops? Break the leaves into pieces, mix them in water and stir for about 5 minutes. Then, please remove it from the heat and keep it for about 20 minutes. Soak the liquid with a dropper and pour it into a small bottle.
- It is one of the most common remedies for eucalyptus. You can smell eucalyptus twice a day. Its strong smell clears the windpipe, and you will immediately see the results.
- What should be the quantity? Two tablespoons eucalyptus leaves (30 grams) and ½ a cup of water (125 ml)
- How to inhale eucalyptus? Dissolve eucalyptus leaves in water until the water turns brown. Pour this solution in a medium-sized pot. Come close to it until you feel its steam on your face and smell it. You can cover your head with a towel to get more steam.
- You will be shocked to see how eucalyptus bath helps reduce respiratory tract obstruction. This bath is beneficial because your pores absorb steam and help to expel mucus.
- Important things during eucalyptus bath: 1 cup dry leaves of eucalyptus (100 grams) and 4 cups water (1 litre)
- How to take eucalyptus bath? Boil the water with eucalyptus leaves for a few minutes. Pour this solution into the tub and wait until it cools down. Take a bath in eucalyptus water for 30 minutes. Then, take a second bath with tap water.
- People make this tea directly from its leaves. It would be best if you try using dry leaves, as this ensures that its properties dissolve properly in water. If you have fresh leaves, keep them in the sun for a few hours during the day.
- What should be the quantity? 1 cup eucalyptus leaves (100 grams) and 4 cups water (1 litre)
- How to make eucalyptus tea? Heat the water. When it starts boiling, add eucalyptus leaves to it. Allow it to dissolve for a few minutes and then sieve and serve. Our advice is, do not drink more than 4 cups of this tea (a day).
- Its gargle can relieve a blocked nose and a cold. This does not harm your throat; you only have to gargle once in the morning and once at night.
- What should be the quantity? Two tablespoons eucalyptus leaves (30 grams)and 1 cup water (250 ml)
- How to do eucalyptus gargles? Pour the leaves in a cup of water and boil them. Then turn off the heat and keep it cool at room temperature. Pour a little slurry into a pot and gargle for 20 minutes.
Takeaway tip: You have to treat respiratory problems as soon as possible. Hence, you are recommended to see a doctor first. However, eucalyptus remedies are useful as this natural medicine can reduce your discomfort.
Read more on Home Remedies
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.