What is Chakra Meditation and how it brings peace to mind? Chakra meditation is a process by which the mind tries to stabilize. Chakra meditation is an infallible option to give stability to the mind, according to Yoga Shastra. Regular practice of chakra meditation cycle provides health wellness and vitality. According to the Yoga tradition, when your chakras are open, energy flows throughout the body. But when your chakras are blocked, then internal energy is created, but the relationship between mind, body and soul is not established. If you focus your attention on the chakra meditation cycle, spiritual knowledge is attained. This chakra meditation cycle is the first step to enter spiritual life. With regular practice of all these chakra meditation cycles, energy communication becomes independent, and a strong connection is established between your mind and body. When your horoscope is awakened by doing the chakra meditation cycle, your mental, spiritual and physical states come together and lead you towards spirituality. According to Yoga Shastra, the chakra meditation cycle has been classified into seven energy source.
But what are these chakras?
Chakras are focal points/ energy centres/life sources for meditation within the human body, visualized as structures of energy resembling discs or Lotus flowers with different petals and colours. There are hundreds of such energy centres in our body, but there are seven main chakra centres that one must learn or understand for self-healing and spiritual development because each centre is related to our being on several different levels: emotional, physical, spiritual and mental. The chakra meditation cycle, which is also known by the name of Sapta Chakra, is as follows:
- Muladhara (Root) Chakra
- Swadhisthana (Navel) Chakra
- Manipura (Solar plexus) Chakra
- Anahata (Heart) Chakra
- Vishuddha (Throat) Chakra
- Agya (Third Eye) cycle
- Sahasrar (Crown) Chakra
Spiritual Coach ModMonk Anshul (Founder SoulSchool, Business Psychologist) shares the benefits of practising meditation on each chakra
- Root Chakra: Improves - Stability, Security and grounding. You will feel supported, and a sense of emotional stability, making you feel safe and emotionally secure in the physical world. It enhances Security, mental strength, Vitality, Reality, Sexuality, Individuality, Courage, Impulsiveness.
- Navel Chakra: You will feel committed, passionate, pleasurable, creative, abundant and able to enjoy sex in your life if this chakra is optimally balanced. It also looks at releasing any lower back pain and reproductive or fertility issues and helps ease IBS.
- Solar Plexus: You will feel optimistic, self-compassionate, assertive, calm and confident if this chakra is balanced. For people with less will power, self-worth and personal power, fear of physical appearance, criticism, and rejection, meditating on this chakra helps create a happy image of self and build confidence. Regularly meditating on this chakra, helps one get rid of issues of colon disorders, liver and pancreas problems, digestive problems, chronic fatigue, liver dysfunction, diabetes, high blood pressure, stomach ulcers etc.
- Heart Chakra: You will feel joy, compassion, love, gratitude, and peaceful if this chakra is activated and balanced. Practising meditation on heart chakra helps to deal with heart, anger, self-love, forgiveness, jealousy, bitterness, suffocation, and fear of loneliness. On a physical level, this chakra takes care of any issues with breasts, heart problems, asthma, allergies, lymphatic systems, immune diseases, arm and wrist pain, upper back etc.
- Throat Chakra: You will feel truthful and honest yet firm, free to articulate your thoughts, feelings and ideas if this chakra is balanced. If you think you are not genuine or cannot express your thoughts clearly and doubt your ability to think creatively, practise meditating on this chakra. It will emotionally make your views express them as they are and feel free in expression. If you have issues like thyroid, sore throat, mouth ulcers ear infections, neck, shoulder pains, focusing on this chakra will help you release any stress or tension in these areas.
- Third Eye Chakra: This is a window to inner wisdom, once balanced, we feel clear, focused, and can determine between truth and illusion. We are open to receiving knowledge and insight. Emotionally it helps us in the art of self-reflection, moodiness and volatility, confusion, inability to think about other's points of view. Psychically it helps in clearing blurred vision, headaches, sinus issues, hormone function, eyestrain, hearing loss, seizures, migraines.
- Crown Chakra: This is a divine connect. Helps one tackle any issues with self-knowledge and power, anxiety, fear, depression and dissatisfaction, constant confusion when you concentrate on this chakra.
What are the physical and emotional benefits of practising chakra healing? Explains ModMonk Anshul (Spiritual Coach)
- On the physical level, each chakra governs frequency and every gland, organ, and body system is related to a chakra, and each chakra is associated with a colour vibrational frequency which affects how we think and how our emotional state if. In simple words, every chakra has to do, and an area to look after!
- The benefit of learning about your chakra system is for you to understand the whole = mind spirit, body in harmony). When all parts of you, i.e. all of your 7 chakra centres communicate smoothly and work in alignment with each other, you will have little or no energy disorders and block the wheel (chakras ) of the energy centres. Meditating on chakras helps in keeping our mind, physical body and spirit happy, wise and disease-free.
- There are several reasons why a chakra can be blocked; some are negative emotions, fears, bad lifestyle, and other derogatory habits.
What are the health benefits of chakra meditation cycle?
- By doing meditation chakras, the blocked energy centres are opened, which correctly transmits energy throughout the body.
- The chakra meditation cycle increases physical capacity, mental capabilities.
- Regular chakra meditation cycle improves memory and improves concentration.
- Regular practice of the chakra meditation cycle reduces obesity and helps in removing calories.
- Anxiety - Stress and other mental complications begin to go away slowly, and the mind becomes capable of attaining a state of peace.
- Through the practice of the Sapta Chakras meditation cycle, communication of divine vision and divine power begins in the human being, so that he attains divine knowledge.
- Fog and anger can be overcome through the chakra meditation cycle, and health benefits can be increased by focusing on chakra meditation.
Takeaway tip by ModMonk Anshul: Chakra healing is one of the essential aspects of healing and meditation practices as it helps us look at our subtle energies in our body. In my healing journey for over 15 years, I have concluded that understanding the chakra system is a must for good holistic health.
Read more articles on Mind & Body