Can Ayurveda Help In Treating Diabetic Retinopathy? The earlier you choose Ayurveda the quicker you recover.
Diabetic retinopathy is the damage of blood vessels in the retina, which happens as a result of diabetes. It is considered to be a severe ailment because it leads to blindness. Symptoms of this ailment include blurred vision, difficulty in seeing and distinguishing colours and, at times, complete loss of sight. It occurs due to prolonged high blood glucose level, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking etc. All these factors cause bleeding of blood vessels. There are four stages of diabetic retinopathy, namely mild, moderate and severe non-proliferative and proliferative.
- In the first stage, there is a balloon-like swelling in the blood vessels of the retina.
- In the second stage, the blood vessels get blocked.
- While in the third stage, the blockage gets severe and the retinas no longer receive adequate blood flow which ceases the growth of new blood vessels to replace the damaged ones.
- The fourth stage, known as proliferative retinopathy leads to the development of fragile and abnormal blood vessels in the retina, which ends up leaking blood resulting in loss of vision and complete blindness.
Ayurveda acts as a boon in this condition. Undoubtedly it is one of the most effective means to prevent and cure diabetic retinopathy and helps in bringing tremendous improvements in the needs of people suffering from it.
Also Read: Surprising Health Benefits Of Rose Tea
Acharya Manish, Founder Shuddhi states that Ayurveda treats diabetic retinopathy in a three-dimensional manner:
- Preventing the onset of the disease- it helps you maintain right sugar levels and cholesterol so that you remain immune to this disease
- Preserves the existing vision- once you have caught the disease what becomes essential is that you maintain the vision which is still intact and try curing the illness of that very stage
- Helps in regaining lost vision- Ayurvedic treatments can help you treat this ailment and recover your lost vision
It is noteworthy that the stage at which the patient starts the treatment is very crucial for the results of the treatment. The earlier the ailment is detected, the better are the chances of it getting cured.
Diverse ayurvedic treatments
Ayurveda has a multifold set of diverse treatments taken up on different stages which are known to be effective in curing the disease of root level. There are necessary medications which help in maintaining the sugar and cholesterol level and moderates the blood pressure. Further, there are treatments for maintaining the metabolism rate leading to proper digestion and detoxification which prevents any toxin buildup in the body.
- Nasya treatment- where precious herbs are used for your treatment through your nasal routes.
- Akshitarpan- helps in lessening of intraocular pressures leading to improved vision
- Akshisek- helps in the repair of the blood vessels in the retina
- Shirodhara, shirolepa and Shiro Pichu- a treatment done through the head which helps in curbing the hyper functionality and hypo-functionality of energies in the body
- Blood purifiers- a process which purifies the blood and leads to regeneration of new blood cell
- Rasayana- a technique which helps in promoting longevity and optimal health
Read more on Ayurveda
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.