Are you upset with cellulite and want to get rid of it? Then this article is for you. Cellulite is a very common and harmless condition which is caused when fat cells increase in the body and deposit under the skin causing an uneven and lumpy skin. This is largely associated with weight gain and loss. People who oscillate between gain and loss are highly likely to get cellulite. It is a personal choice whether to get it treated or not. If you wish to get cellulite removal done, body contouring is a procedure that you may consider. Is it safe? How it is done? What are the alternatives of body contouring? These are some common questions that are answered in this article by Dr. T.N. Rekha, Senior Consultant Dermatologist and the Training Head at Oliva Skin & Hair Clinic, Hyderabad.
Is Body Contouring Treatment for Cellulite Removal Safe?
Dr T.N. Rekha answers, “Body-contouring is a super-safe, comfortable, convenient, affordable and non-invasive body sculpting treatment that offers visible results within limited sessions! Body contouring procedure based on USFDA-approved ultrasound and radiofrequency technology has scientifically proven safety and efficacy as it causes no damage to the surrounding tissues. It is suitable for all body areas, including the sensitive parts and all skin types too! It is usually a painless and precise in-clinic procedure that involve zero downtime and no side effects.”
How is body contouring done?
Since it is a non-surgical procedure, it involves no hospitalisation, cuts, blood loss, suturing or scarring. In fact, the track record of non-surgical body contouring procedures spanning over the past three decades shows that they do not involve higher complication rates than average surgical risks.
Other Ways to remove cellulite?
Dermatologists may choose from an array of treatments to minimise cellulite visibly. They may use laser technology and light devices of varying wavelengths to transmit energy to the deep layers of skin and fat and stimulate collagen remodelling. The increased microcirculation caused by the heating of the local tissue diminishes the appearance of cellulite and improves the texture of the skin.
- Cryolipolysis is a procedural option that removes cellulite by freezing the fat cells beneath the skin. The body absorbs the contents of the fat cells after they rupture.
- Acoustic wave therapy is another energy-based treatment that transmits pressure waves to the deeper skin tissue to promote the breakdown of fat, improve local blood flow, enable lymphatic drainage, and stimulate the production of new collagen.
- Subcision is a minimally invasive treatment for cellulite reduction that remains painless after applying a topical anaesthetic agent on the target area. A qualified doctor inserts a needle under the skin during the procedure and uses a fanning technique to release the hard bands that form the cellulite compartments.
- Some dermatologists use other methods to treat the cellulite-induced skin irregularities but not the cellulite per se. They may resort to administering dermal filler injections, such as Calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHa) and poly-l-lactic acid microspheres, to smoothen the surface of the affected area.
- Alternatively, they may use Collagenase injections to break down the collagen bands that cause dimpling in the fat, thus minimising the appearance of cellulite.
- Other medical experts may choose to perform Carboxytherapy, a procedure to insert carbon dioxide beneath the skin’s surface and increase the blood flow in the target area to help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
There are various non-invasive ways to remove cellulite that you can choose from as per your need and comfort. The only thing that you need to consider is consulting an experienced doctor for treatment. They can guide you about the best and safest treatment for your condition. As fas as body contouring is concerned, it is safe and you may consider getting it for shaping your body as well cellulite removal.
Read More Articles in Miscellaneous
All images source- freepik.com