Everyone has to work and perform their duties that make a person tired. There are several things that need to be done because of which most people do not get proper rest or sleep. Because of this they have health issues and body disorders. One of the major reasons for having disorders is related to toxins present in the blood that affects various parts of the body. Hence it is necessary to take out time and do something to reduce your stress levels and detox your body. What better way it could be than practising some yoga exercises that keeps your physical health good and purifies your blood at the same time.
Yoga for Blood Purification
Now majority of you must be wondering how blood purification can be done through performing some exercises. The answer is simple, yoga poses and exercises are not just meant to gain physical stability and flexibility but it also impacts the muscles, veins, tissues and organs that help to boost your internal strength and ability that makes blood flow through the organs much easily. Also various yoga poses are designed in a way that your blood can flow naturally and other functions can do their task in a better manner. Let us check some yoga poses and exercise that can benefit your health.
Yoga Poses to Purify Blood and Boost Overall Health
1. Revolved Chair Pose
This yoga pose is done to improve spine health, connective tissues as well as vertebrae. This asana stimulates lives, spleen and digestive system to do their functions more efficiently and helps toning of abdominal muscles too. Revolved Chair pose is a effective way to access healthy organs that could help in removing the toxins from the body and provide more purified blood to the person.
To do this pose-
- You need to bring your feet hip width apart or together depending on what is more comfortable.
- Then bend your knees slightly imagining that there is a chair behind you
- Now hold your hands together in the position of ‘Namaskar’
- Make sure that your knees are aligned with centre of your feet
- Press the arms firmly towards each other and squeeze your shoulder blades together
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and then slowly come back to original position
- Practise this exercise for 3-5 times in a day for benefits on blood circulation.
2. Eagle Pose
This exercise is very beneficial for those that are obese and have higher risk to fall for blood disorders or heart problems. Eagle pose helps deeper circulation of blood, especially in the legs which helps to flush out the toxins from the blood and lymph system. In addition to this, it also helps to improve posture deformities and stretches out the ankles and calves muscles in the body. Eagle pose also helps to relax hips, thighs, shoulder and upper back muscles which help in proper circulation of blood in the body.
To practise this pose-
- First stand straight with feet together and arms by side of the body
- Now lift your left foot upwards and place it behind the knees
- Once you lift the knees, then you need to cross your arms from the elbow joint and point hands in upward direction
- Join the palms and keep the fingers upwards, now inhale and hold your position for time you can hold your breath.
- Do this exercise 5-10 times in a day for blood purification.
3. Sage twist pose
This is a comparatively easier pose. Sage twist pose helps to stimulate digestion that benefits your health. It helps in removing impurities from your body and boosts your health. In this pose the organs are squeezed specially kidney and liver thus when it releases, the blood enters the organs more efficiently.
To perform this pose-
- First sit down on the floor with both legs straight
- Now bend your left leg towards your chest and rotate your torso towards left knee
- In the same position, wrap your right arm round the left knee, the knee should be towards the right elbow
- Now hold the hands together from the back and take deep breaths in this pose
- Then gradually release your body and do it on the other side as well. Repeat this for 5 times on each side.
4. Forearm Wheel
This exercise is highly beneficial to boost health both physically and internally. This is because it releases congestion, opens up the chest and activates metabolism. As a result of this the impurities in the blood are filtered out more effectively which makes the blood circulation easier and risk of diseases lesser.
To do this exercise-
- First you need to lie down with on your back
- Now place your arms behind your shoulder so that palms face the ground
- Pull your feet inside and put pressure on the ground
- Balance your body and elevate your mid section of the body up in the air forming a half circle
- Now hold this position for around 30 seconds and then slowly bring down your body to the floor
- Repeat this exercise 10 times in a day.
5. Eagle Handstand Pose
This pose in quite difficult to perform and should be done with a trainer or someone to look after. Eagle handstand pose is beneficial for people going through cardiovascular problems; it reduces strain from the heart and improves immunity in the body. This pose also aids in fighting allergies and boosts digestive health. It can be very healthy for blood circulation in the body especially or pineal and pituitary glands.
To do this pose-
- Kneel down on the floor and keep your fingers together to form support for your head.
- Then roll the upper arms outwards and press them towards inner wrists
- Position your head firmly on the floor and then slowly try to lift your legs up
- Give a slight push from one leg to keep it straight above
- Keep your torso and spine straight and hold this position for as long as you can
- Take the help of a wall if necessary in the beginning
- Do this 3-5 times in a day for effective results on your health and improve blood circulation.
6. Shoulder stand pose
This is widely practised and is easier than headstand. This can be done by almost anyone and has plenty of benefits on your health. Shoulder stand helps to drain the lymph fluid from the legs and the upper body. It also removes majority of toxins that are released during different activities from the blood and system. It helps to detoxify your heart and makes it oxygenated and cleansed.
To do this pose-
- First lie down on the floor with your back straight aligned to the floor
- Keep your hands by side of your body
- Now raise your legs and back simultaneously upwards
- Take support of your hands to form a balance and hold this position
- Remain in this position for around 1 minute and then return to original position.
Picture Credits- Shutterstock.in