Butterfly Pose is one of yoga asanas that helps to prevent arthritis. Read about methods and advantages of yoga for arthritis using butterfly pose.
Yoga is widely known and accepted for its ability to heal and relax your body. With the ever increasing stress in our daily lives, a few minutes to practice this yoga pose can help you relax and de-stress.
Image source: Getty
- Position yourself in a way that your spine is in an erect position and soles of your feet are placed mutually.
- Make sure that you’ve your heels close to your body.
- Hold onto your feet and tenderly budge your knees up and down.
- Now, smoothly lean forward bending from the hips.
- Maintain your back in a straight line and thrust from the lower part of your spine.
- Maintain this position for two minutes, sensing the stretch within the legs.
- At each breath, slow down in a frontward direction as you exhale, and bold as you inhale.
- Interleave this exercise soon after the spinal twist.
Also read : Ankle Crank: Yoga Asana for Arthritis
- It aids in releasing concealed up emotions and alleviates anxiety and stress levels.
- It helps in renovating back your emotional stability.
- It augments the circulation to the pelvic region and aids in sending messages to the brain to start over the cycle.
- Through yoga one can feel an improvement in their general health.
Also read : Ankle Rotation: Yoga for Arthritis
- Move the knees up and down 20 or more times.
- toes or the feet; choose whichever is most difficult.
- Do this exercise for a short time without strain. Crow walk touching the knee to the ground with each step.
- This is a very good exercise to prepare the legs for meditation poses.
- It is also recommended for people with poor blood circulation in the legs.
- Constipation sufferers will find this exercise useful.
- They should drink 2 glasses of water and then crow walk for one minute. Drink 2 more glasses of water and crow walk again. Repeat this 3 or 4 times; the constipation should he removed.
Also read : Yoga Treatment for Arthritis
Image source : Getty
Read more articles on
For more such stories, Download Onlymyhealth app
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.