Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month 2021: If you want to avoid colorectal cancer, then you should pay special attention to your diet.
Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month 2021: Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer that can affect men and women. Although its reasons are not absolute, your diet plays an essential role in it. In today's time, people do not pay much attention to their food and lifestyle, due to which cases of colorectal cancer are increasing. Low dietary fibre, excessive intake of saturated fat, high-calorie intake, smoking and alcohol consumption increase the risk of colorectal cancer. So, today we are telling you about the diet that can be helpful in the prevention of colorectal cancer.
- Dairy product: Some studies have proven that calcium-rich dairy products can help reduce colon growth (adenomas) and reduce the risk of colorectal cancer. Therefore, every person should consume dairy products like yoghurt and cheese etc. in sufficient quantity. Milk products or dairy products contain mammals' milk, most commonly water buffaloes, cattle, sheep, camels, and goats. Dairy commodities include food items such as cheese, butter and yoghurt. A facility that provides dairy products is known as a dairy factory or dairy.
- Whole grain food: Lack of dietary fibre is a significant cause of colorectal cancer. In this case, you can avoid this cancer by consuming whole-grain food. Whole-grain foods are rich in magnesium and fibre, and their intake gives you nutrients and helps prevent cancer. You must eat at least 90 grams of real grain food a day. For this, you can take oatmeal, whole wheat bread and brown rice etc. Whole grain is any pseudocereal and cereal that contains the germ, bran and endosperm in contrast to refined grains. As a portion of usually healthful food, whole grains' consumption is linked with a lower risk of several diseases.
- Beans: Fibre is also found in enough quantity in beans. Apart from beans, you can eat many other types of pulses, soybeans, peas and legumes etc. These contain fibre as well as protein and nutrients like vitamins B and E. They also contain compounds called flavonoids, which can prevent tumours from growing. Besides, the antioxidants present in them also help in preventing colorectal cancer. Eating more beans, including soybeans, black beans, garbanzo beans, fava beans, adzuki beans, lima beans, kidney beans, and soybeans, may help protect you against colorectal cancer. Lentils and peas count, too.
- Colourful fruits and vegetables: Colourful fruits and vegetables are beneficial for health in many ways. In particular, they contain phytochemicals that can inhibit the growth and inflammation of cancer cells. To keep yourself healthy and avoid colorectal cancer, eat various fruits and vegetables like broccoli, cabbage and oranges.
- Fish: If you are a non-vegetarian, then eating fish will be very good for you. Specifically, salmon fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are very good for heart health and may slow down cancer cells' growth. However, you have to be a little cautious while selecting fish. Some research has found that people who eat fish instead of red meat are less likely to develop colorectal cancer. You can consume a limited amount of swordfish, tuna, tilefish, and king mackerel in your diet.
Read more articles on Cancer
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.