Nowadays, weakening or loss of memory is a common problem due to the lack of good food and drinks. Most people are troubled by their forgetting habit. Our brain is the storeroom of our entire body of information which is gathered in various parts of it. Memory is usually divided into three parts, such as short-term memory, recent memory and remote memory. Short-term memory contains recent events or names of people you have met recently. Recent memory contains information like what you ate in the morning. Remote memory contains information that happened years ago, such as childhood memories.
Forgetfulness At A Young Age
- Over time our mind also changes as we get older. At the beginning of the age of 20, the brain cells start decreasing, and our body even starts producing fewer chemicals than our brain needs. As our age increases, so does this effect on our memory.
- Our brain collects information in different ways, and increasing age also has an effect on our memory as to how our mind collects events.
- Age is not affected by our short term and remote memory, but our recent memory is affected by age. You can forget the names of people you have met recently, and this is an average change.
- You cannot imagine the situation when you know a word (but it is not coming to your attention), this is a problem in your memory. This may not happen in your youth, but often such problems occur with age. This often frustrates us, but this problem is widespread.
- We all know that a lot of things change with time, and this becomes even more common as age progresses. It makes the person very frustrated, but it is not as harmful.
- There can be several other reasons for memory loss such as depression, illnesses, dementia, Alzheimer's disease, side effects of using drugs, stroke, head injury or drinking alcohol.
- Problems related to memory become more complicated when they affect our daily activities. If you forget someone's name, then there is no harm in it. But if you ignore the way of doing something that you have done many times before, then it is a matter of problem.
- Another disease associated with memory is dementia. This disease becomes more dangerous with the passage of months or years. In this disease, it is difficult to identify yourself, so in such a situation, contact your family doctor. Your doctor will tell you the solution to such conditions.
Weakening disease: Alzheimer's disease
Alzheimer's disease affects our memory and first changes our recent mind. Initially, Alzheimer's patients can remember only a few things that happened in their history and cannot remember their things. Over time, this disease affects all parts of memory. Alzheimer's disease is not a disease that occurs with age. It is found in about 10 per cent of people up to 65 years of age. But it is found in about 50 per cent of people between the ages of 50 and 85 years.
Also Read: Key Benefits Of Good Posture: Know How Position Affects Health
Memory related problems that do not occur due to age
- Forget using the things you used to do every day.
- Forget doing the things you've done many times before.
- Repeated use of some statements in the same thing.
- Unable to make a record for every day.
- Not being able to spend money properly.
Read more on Mind and Body