Nails are a beauty symbol for a lot of us. Having long and shiny nails is a goal for many people. Many women maintain the shape, size and colour of their nails by taking care of them. Moreover, some influencers even flaunt their nail art all over social media. Not just to look beautiful, you have to take care of your nails for personal hygiene too. Having nails with dirt inside is not good for you. Well, on the other hand, nails are a very delicate part of our body's integumentary system. Despite being so small, they have many functions too. They protect our body from damage and infection. Many people have finger nails that are weak and get chapped easily. This is because of excessive use of nail polish, nail polish remover, exposure to water, etc. You need to consume a proper healthy diet, drink enough water and take care of your nails. Hence, you will get to know about some natural remedies and tips to strengthen you nail power.
Home remedies for brittle nails
Nowadays, home remedies are used for almost everything. Most of them are inexpensive, accessible and easy to use/apply. They are used for skin and hair care, and even for health diseases like thyroid and diabetes. Here is a list of natural cures for brittle and dry nails:
1. Coconut Oil
Massage your nails with coconut oil everyday to remove the dryness from your skin, nails and to prevent splitting. It acts as one of the best natural remedies to strengthen brittle nails and treat infections too.
2. Lemon juice
Lemon juice is a very helpful hoke care solution as it not only helps in making your nails stronger but has other beneficial functions too. Dipping your nails in lemon juice can brighten them and decrease the yellow colour on your nails due to excessive use of nail polish.
3. Olive oil
Olive oil is a major beauty remedy used for numerous purposes. It has similar functions like lemon juice. You have to soak your fingers in olive oil as it can help in the yellow stains and brightening them, making your nails stronger than ever.
WATCH: Reasons for Nail Discolouration:
4. Petroleum jelly
Petroleum jelly benefits for skin are such that it can heal chapped lips as well as nails. Your nails might also get brittle due to less moisture. Therefore, letroleum jelly has the ability to hydrate your nails and keep them moisturized.
5. Vitamin E oil
There are vitamin E oil capsules available to buy in the market. You can use it to apply on your nails. Vitamin E is a friend to your skin and hair. It has the elements to keep your nails stronger and thicker.
Tips to prevent brittle nails
Even if you have not fallen down to the level of having weak and dry nails, you should take care of them. There are many ways by which you can avoid the whole problem. Below mentioned tips can be helpful in preventing your nails from getting chapped. They are:
- You should avoid the usage of nail polish and nail polish removers. The chemicals present in them can make your nails even more weak and they will get broken easily.
- If you don't want your finger nails to get soft and split, then reduce the extra water exposure. You can try wearing gloves while watching dishes or clothes.
- Artificial nails are very harmful for your natural growth of nails. The glue used in fake nails can damage them internally and lead to infections.
- You should also keep your nails moisturized in order to nourish and prevent them from chapping. Apply moisturizer regularly so that it becomes a habit and reduces dryness on your nails.
- Taking a healthy diet will keep your body fit and your nails strong too. Consume the food items that are rich in vitamins, zinc, iron and calcium. It will help in making your nails strong and healthy.
Read more on Home Remedies
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.