Tips to do Chakra Meditation
Meditation has for years been valued as a technique practiced to help people de-stress the mind and the body. Chakra meditation is a form of meditation, which experts say, is based on chakras that exist in a person’s body. According to Ancient Eastern belief systems, human body has about 7 primary energy centers or chakras that guide meditation. The chakra meditation is believed to be practiced by those, who wish to combat fatigue, stress, promote overall health, attain spirituality and mental health.
Here are a couple of instructions to set you on the right path to chakra meditation.
1. Make sure that you are aware of the location of your chakras and their names. There are 7 primary chakras such as:
- Root chakra: located at the base of the spine.
- Naval chakra: located at the lower abdomen.
- Solar plexus: located between the belly button and chest.
- Heart chakra: located in the center of the chest.
- Throat chakra: located at the Adam’s apple.
- Brow chakra: located in the forehead.
- Crown chakra: located at the apex of the skull.
2. Memorise the colour of each chakra. The root chakra is red, the naval chakra is orange, the solar plexus is yellow, the heart chakra is green, the throat chakra is blue, the blue chakra is indigo and the crown chakra is violet.
3. Learn the properties of each chakra. All the chakras have a particular function associated with them. The root chakra’s property is instinct, the naval chakra’s is sexuality, the solar plexus’s is power, the heart chakra’s is love, the throat chakra’s is creativity, the brow chakra’s is intuition and the crown chakra’s is higher knowledge.
How to do Chakra Meditation
- To start chakra meditation, sit or lie in the meditation space. Chakra meditation is one of the yoga positions that don’t require you to be seated with legs crossed. Ensure that your back is straight irrespective of whether you are vertical or horizontal.
- Take deep breaths. The breathing does not have to follow a particular pattern. All you have to ensure is that your lungs fill up as you breathe.
- Feel your breath travel to your lungs as you inhale and travel out as you exhale. Repeat the procedure until you feel that your spine has steamed up with power.
- Begin the root chakra by imagining its colour and feeling the energy. Once you have felt and visualised the root chakra, move to the next.
- Once you have repeated step 4 for all the chakras, stop or work your way back. Imagine the colour of the chakra and vividly imagine its property. Feel the property of the particular chakra develop and grow inside you.
- If visualizing doesn’t help much, use a chakra crystal to weigh the practice more. Hold the chakra crystal in your palm, visualise and feel its power as you concentrate.
Read more articles on Alternative Therapies.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Mar 03, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.