One of the common presumptions is that you need to be on a diet to lose weight. The notion does not hold true as cutting calories is another way to achieve desired weight.
Following a rigid diet schedule does not make any sense at all as, but puts individuals’ health at risk. Changing eating habits or making some dietary changes that cuts down 200 calories each day is a healthy way to lose excess body weight.
- Slimmed-down dishes should be preferred over higher-calorie meals
- Green vegetables instead of heavy meat recipes
- Milk, cheese and butter along with other dairy products to fulfil everyday caloric requirement
- Skimmed milk should be swapped with cream milk
- A soup with pureed vegetables, stews and casseroles is another excellent food option
- Whole grains with vegetables like sandwiches and salads should be included in everyday meals
Read: Tricks to cut calories from your morning coffee
- Decreasing meal proportion every day is the easiest way to cut down calories in everyday regimen
- Opt for meal after looking at its ingredients, as meal contents make a significant difference for both health and weight
- Ensure that you have enough energy to withstand all day
Healthy Drinks for Calorie Cutting
Most of us don’t account fizzy and sugary drinks. These are often consumed along snacks like burger or potato munchies, which overload us with calories without providing energy of the same proportion. Therefore, fizzy drinks containing artificial sweeteners should be abstained from. On similar lines, pre-packed fruit drinks are highly calorific. Therefore, give a second though before going for it.
Others Unhealthy Foods to be Avoided
- Healthy snacks within meals such as fruit or nuts should be preferred over high-calorie chocolates
- Cereal-based breakfast needs to be replaced with protein-based breakfast
- Avoid carbohydrate diet that brings hunger early and one gets starved to go for munchies early
- Fried food is unhealthy owing to excessive amount of trans fat. Therefore, roasted and stewed preparations must be preferred in order to cut 200 calories a day
- Processed foodstuffs are calorific than fresh foods, therefore, later should be consumed
- Another calorie cutting tip is consumption of lean meat
- In order to subtract 200 calories every day, one needs to cut out sodas and liquor too
Image source : Shutterstock
Read more articles on Healthy Eating.
For more such stories, Download Onlymyhealth App.