A slimming belt, also called a compression belt is a popular tool for weight loss these days. This has gained popularity for its effortless weight-reducing and slimming benefits. Just wear this belt on your waist(or any other part from where you want to cut the fat) and see its magic. Within a few weeks, you’ll get a fit and toned body. Isn’t this what you see and hear in those slimming belt advertisements? But have you ever worn this yourself or tried to find the truth behind these slimming belts? Let’s tell the real picture of these waist belts.
What is a slimming belt?
Tele-marketers may have told you about the advertisements for slimming belts. To entice you, you are shown pictures of people who have lost a lot of weight using these belts. If you have ever come across this type of commercial, you should know that they are scripted. This is not the case as shown in advertisements. Wearing a slimming belt while exercising can help you lose inches, but your fat cells will return to normal after being decompressed.
How do Slimming belts work?
- These belts only work overhead and have a temporary effect, they do not show their effect for a long time. When you wear thick cloth on your waist, it is natural that you will sweat more than your stomach. Which will reduce the weight of water from your body, which can make you thin for some time?
- Even if you apply these belts, you feel like you are thin. But after using it, you can see that your stomach will look the same as before. Sadly, your weight would not have decreased by an inch.
- Many people feel that after wearing a slimming belt, there is a decrease in weight due to sweat from the waist. But as we all know, this is not possible because no scientific evidence has come to claim the spot reduction.
- Keep in mind that there are no short cuts for a healthy and slim body. For a healthy body and successful weight loss, a nutritious diet and regular workout or yoga are essential.
Lose Weight The Better Way
- Walking, running, cycling and swimming are all good options for weight loss. To improve muscle posture, do resistance training weekly for 20 minutes at a time. Do whole body fat reduction exercises, such as yoga, it will be beneficial for you to do this at least once or twice a week.
- Instead of slimming belts, it would be better for you to work on strengthening your core. Exercising for your core - oblique, rectus abdominis, transversus abdominis, and your back muscles will prove to be beneficial for you.
- Protein is an essential nutrient for weight control. Excess protein intake increases the release of the hormone PYY, which reduces appetite. Protein also increases your metabolic rate and helps you maintain muscle mass during weight loss.
Read more on Weight Management