From aching feet, sore neck and tight thighs, a tennis ball can reduce the pain easily and effectively. You just have to follow the technique and practice the exercises to get the desired results.
Pain is an inevitable part of life. Whether it is acute or chronic, internal or external, pain does affect every person at some point. Some people choose to live with that pain while some people rely on painkiller drugs to comfort the pain and then there are some people who try to treat the condition with natural means. If you fall into the latter category, this article is going to help you big time. You can get rid of different kinds of pain using a tennis ball. Some techniques trigger the points to ease the pain. You can perform these on your own without any assistance.
1. For Stiff Neck
1. Keep two tennis balls side by side soft cloth-like a stocking, sock or tote. Lie down on the floor and place the balls under your skull. Stay in the position and breathe.
2. Move your head up and down as you nod. The balls would move along. Do this for about a minute.
3. Now, move your head from right-left-right and do this for another one minute.
People who work on computer screens for several hours would get benefited from this exercise. This exercise relaxes the erector and suboccipital muscles which becomes tight to ease pain and stiffness in the neck.
2. For Tight Chest
1. Lean against the corner of a wall and put one tennis ball under your collarbone. Stay in this position for a couple of minutes.
2. Start changing the sides as it will make the ball moving to the upper chest. Breathe while doing this exercise.
3. Now, move your neck and arm while shifting sides.
4. Repeat the same on the other side of the chest.
This exercise eases tightness and stiffness in the muscles of the chest. This usually happens due to overworking and putting pressure on the chest. This exercise unlocks your nervous system while restoring breathing.
Also Read: 6 Hot Body Workouts You Can Do Anywhere
3. For Tight Thighs
1. Sit on a firm chair or sit on the ground. Now, put two tennis balls on the side of the thigh.
2. Start bending your thigh in slow motion. Bend and straighten the knee.
3. Now, move the thigh from one side to the other allowing the balls to cross the sides.
3. Repeat the same on the other thigh.
This exercise relaxes your lower part especially hips and knees.
4. Achy Feet
1. Stand next to a chair or wall, whatever is stable and keep a ball under your foot. Your heel should touch the floor where you need to put all the body weight on it. Stay in the position for about a minute.
2. Start rolling your foot from one side to the other.
3. Now roll the tennis ball from the toa to the heel, i.e. back and forth movement.
4. Do the same on the other foot.
This exercise loosens the joints, muscles, and tissues of the sole, thereby relieving ache.
Read more articles on Exercise & Fitness
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.