3 effective yet easy exercises that can help you get rid of stiffness and pain in neck
- Exercising the neck prevents neck stiffness.
- Repeat neck exercises every one hour to prevent stiffness.
- Exercising the neck tones it and removes any stress.
Sitting at one place continuously for hours can have adverse effect on your neck and spine, which cam ultimately lead to stiffness in neck and back. In order to avoid such condition, it is very important that you take care your neck and spine by practising neck exercises.
Here are three neck exercises that can help you keep your neck and spine flexible:
First neck movement
- Assume the base position.
- Slowly move the head backwards and forwards 10 times.
Second neck movement
- Slowly tilt the head to the right and to the left, first while facing directly forward and then while turning the head to the left and right.
- Repeat both methods 10 times.
Third neck movement
- Slowly rotate the head in as large a circle as possible 10 times clockwise and then 10 times anti-clockwise.
- Do not strain.
All the nerves connecting the different parts of the body with the brain must pass through the neck.
This vital crossroad is exercised and toned by the above movements.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 31, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.