When we talk about the year 2020, the first thing that comes in mind is COVID-19 and quarantine period, which was very difficult for the world. So mostly people were searching on immunity building Ayurvedic remedies. Though the Ministry of AYUSH realized guidelines for self-care and building immunity still people kept on searching immunity-boosting herbs or medicines for self-protection. The role of ayurvedic remedies has been immense in building immunity and resistance against Corona and also many other diseases and illnesses. Amid the slowing down of other sectors, an online search for Ayurvedic treatments has gone up by 10-12% during 2014-2019 in India and expected to increase at a CAGR 14% during 2020-2025. This emerging trend shows the bright prospects for Ayurvedic remedies. Hence, today with this article, we are telling you the most searched Ayurvedic Remedies Of 2020.
Top 10 most searched ayurvedic remedies of 2020
"Immunity boosting Ayurvedic treatments have been in great demand during 2020 such as Chyavanprash, Ratnaprash, Amla Juice/Syrup, Ashwagandha Powder, Kawath, Triphala, Giloy, AyurDefence, Amrit Kalash and more. However, Amrit Kalash and AyurDefence-AV are somewhat different from other immunity boosters. Even Ayush ministry has the approval for using Ayush drugs to counter COVID-19", states Ayurveda Expert, Anand Srivastava, (Chairman - Maharishi Ayurveda).
1. How to make kadha to boost immunity?
Kadha features antioxidant properties and serves as an anti-flu, cough and seasonal virus. Crush-Mix ginger, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon and add it to the boiling water bowl for not more than 20 minutes or till decoction is visible. Pour it in the glass, adding honey and your Kadha is ready. Phlegm or cough can sometimes cause serious problems. So you must take measures to get the mucus out of the lungs to reduce coughing cough. For this, you should consume hot water, drink herbal tea, mix juice of tulsi leaves, ginger juice, honey and consume daily, take steam daily as it clears the respiratory tract and breaks the mucus in the chest. Chyawanprash is one of the best remedies for boosting immunity as it contains approx 40 herbs, and according to history, it was taken by rishi Chawan for staying young forever. If used properly, it is not only useful for immunity boosting also helps in many other systems of the body.
Also read: Best Foods To Boost Immunity
2. Ayurvedic treatment for hair fall and dandruff
Oil scalping won’t stop hair fall; instead, it’s the hair-root needs revival. Chemical intakes nor shampoo can do that. Re-generative and revival factor is in Ayurvedic hair therapy. Ayurvedic medicine and medicated herbal oil are formulated using herbs Amla, brimraj, shikakai, Reetha, Aloe-Vera to prevent, nourish and revive hair growth. Apart from hair fall, dandruff is a common problem in winter. But if we follow a proper hair care routine, then this problem can be eradicated. Dandruff is usually caused by washing hair with warm water. If you have dandruff and hair fall for a long time, then you need to seek medical treatment. But if it is normal, then you can adopt some home remedies.
3. Best immunity booster medicine in Ayurveda
You can shield multiple virus attacks if you have a concrete immune system. Natural, built immunity can only withstand against fatal bacteria which are air-borne. The Ayurvedic medicines have the defensive substance that layer-protects you against bacterial invasion. Use Ayurvedic Immune Booster medicine to the wall against deadly virus and nourish your health. Amla is best antioxidant and helps in balancing three doshas in the body, which protect us from infections and boost immunity also.
4. Ayurvedic remedies for PCOS treatment
Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS is symptom-based. To reduce cyst size herbs used are Kanchnara-Guggulu and sukumara-ghrita, to regulate normal menstrual cycle Shatpushpa and Shatavari churna and other herbs like Trikatu-Churan, haritki Churan, hingwashtak-Churan, chitrakadi-gutika. Body stance therapy like Supta Baddha Konasana, Bharadvajasana, Chakki-Chalanasana, Shavasana is useful in PCOS healing.
5. Ayurvedic medicine to improve egg quality
It’s the ovary that produces eggs in female and both needs equal nourishment. The estrogen in herb Shatavari nourishes eggs and enhances fertility. The herbal medicinal mix of Ashwagandha, kumari, lodhra, Asoka, kapikacchu too improves the quality of the egg, revitalizes the female reproductive system and effective ovulation, facilitate conception and eradicates infertility factors. Ashwagandha is the best herb for overall strengthening of the body. It can be taken with milk in the form of a tablet or Churan.
6. How to open the tubal blockage through ayurvedic remedies?
Kalmegh herb is antimicrobial compose including alkylamines, polysaccharides, and caffeic acids which flush-opens fallopian tube blockage. Other reputed herbs are Usnea, and Peet Kandh, Tikshna, Sara, Laghu, Pramathi and Sukshma best fights tubular obstruction, and both herbs increase chances of fertility. But Uttar Basti therapy aces in clearing the tubular blockage.
7. Ayurvedic home remedies for acne
Acne can be caused due to various conditions. It could be due to our diet, lifestyle, hormones and skin infections. To avoid trouble in this case:
- Consume fruits and avoid junk food.
- Consume zinc and vitamin A supplements.
- Follow CTM rule of skincare and if you have oily skin, then clean your face regularly.
8. Ayurvedic home remedies for acidity
Acidity is a common problem, but sometimes it also causes severe symptoms. For example, people may also experience severe stomach ache, burning sensation and bloating due to acidity. In such a situation, you often take medicines for acidity, but you can again try some home remedies instead. In such a case, you can consume this:
- Eat papaya.
- Drink buttermilk with cumin and celery.
- Chew a piece of ginger
- Drink coconut water.
9. Ayurvedic home remedies for arthritis pain/knee swelling
About 15 per cent of India's population are suffering from arthritis. People face troubles like knee pain, joint pain, swelling and stiffness. Being physically active is very helpful in strengthening the muscles around the joints. Also, you can adopt some home remedies, such as:
- Avoid smoking, consumption of processed junk food and aerated drinks as they can make your bones hollow, increasing your risk of fracture.
- Include calcium and vitamin C in your diet.
- Vitamin D helps a lot in treating joint pain.
10. Ayurvedic home remedies for low blood pressure
Low blood pressure can occur due to several reasons—for example, side-effects of medicine, surgery or severe injury, stress, over-starvation etc. Often people feel dizzy due to low blood pressure, while some also get nervous. In this case, you can try these home remedies.
- Soak 4-5 raisins in the water at night and consume it on an empty stomach in the morning.
- You can drink low salt lemonade if you have BP.
Dr Pooja Kohli (VP - Ayurveda Growth, Nirogstreet) shares some more FAQs on the internet
- Most searched herbs of 2020: Few of the herbs which were most searched are Guduchi (Tinospora Cordifolia), Amla (Emblica Officinalis) Tulasi, Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera), Haldi (Turmeric). Guduchi, which is also known as Amrita, work like Amrut in the human body and helps in boosting immunity, also prepare the body to fight against infection.
- Most searched herbs for respiratory infections: Tulsi and Haridra are being used from ancient times at every Indian kitchen and works wonderfully on the respiratory system. Anu tail is used for putting in each nostril, which gives strength to the respiratory tract and protects from infections.
- Most searched ayurvedic herbs for fever: Sanshamanti Vati is formed with Gudduchi itself, which is a wonder herb for the human body and recommended for all kind of fevers. Maha Sudarshan tablet is highly recommended in various kind of fevers.
- Most searched ayurvedic medicines of 2020: Few of the medications which were most searched are Chyawanprash, Sanshamani Vati, Anu Tail and Mahasudarshan Tab.
Conclusion: 2020 has given the boon to the Ayurveda sector, and Ayurvedic remedies are the most searched thing on the internet. The outbreak of COVID-19 has ravaged the world at large, leaving the people perplexed as to how to stay safe from the infectious rage of the pandemic. The people around the globe have realised that building strong immunity is the only defence against COVID-19.
Read more on Ayurveda