Drinking warm or hot water is good for your health. It boosts metabolism which helps in digestion, weight loss and boosting energy levels. Health experts suggest drinking warm water on an empty stomach accelerates fat burns and helps in managing your weight. But can pregnant women also drink warm water? This is a common question that pregnant women ask. Let us tell you the pros and cons of drinking hot or warm water during pregnancy.
Why pregnant women should drink more water?
We all need water but during pregnancy, the need for water in the body increases. It is because the body removes toxins through water and maintains the balance of fluid in the body. Therefore, it is certain that during pregnancy you should consume more water and liquid things than usual. This makes your body safe from dehydration, reduces fatigue and prevents infections including UTI in pregnancy. Therefore, to be healthy, a pregnant woman should drink at least 2.5 to 3 liters of water (8-10 glasses) of water daily. If you do exercise or sweat a lot, then you should drink more water.
Is It Safe to Drink Hot Water During Pregnancy?
You can drink hot water during pregnancy. You get a lot of benefits from drinking hot water. If you keep some things in mind, then drinking warm water during pregnancy provides benefits. Here are some benefits of drinking warm or hot water during pregnancy:
- Hot water detoxes your body more thoroughly removing the dirt and waste materials present in the body.
- Drinking lukewarm water does not cause problems like morning sickness, heartburn.
- Drinking warm water on an empty stomach after waking up in the morning keeps digestive ailments at bay.
- Drinking warm water increases blood circulation in your body, which keeps your body healthy and blood pressure under control.
- Consumption of hot water reduces the risk of infections and other viral diseases which is very important during pregnancy.
Important Points To Keep In Mind
While it is okay to drink hot water during pregnancy, there are a few things that you should keep in mind. These are a must for women in late pregnancy.
- The water should not be very hot, but it should be so lukewarm that you can drink it by sipping it easily.
- It is not safe to drink tap or supply water directly during pregnancy. So either drink water by boiling it or drink water from the water purifier.
- Drinking 2.5 liters of water does not mean that you drink half a liter of water 5 times a day. You should drink water little by little throughout the day.
- If you start getting bored by drinking plain water, then you can also make it delicious by adding lemon juice, cucumber, watermelon etc. to the water.
Are there any disadvantages?
Usually, if you drink lukewarm water during pregnancy, then there is no harm. Just make sure that the water is not too hot so that the inner part of the mouth or throat gets burned. Because if the water gets hot and mouth burns, then there may be a problem of blisters or pain in your mouth, which will affect your diet that impacts the baby in your womb as a mother has to eat for two, right? Just keep the above pointers in mind and be cautious of your pregnancy diet to eliminate the risks.
Read More Articles in Women's Health
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.