Now your children are adults; they may or may not be economically independent, but you need to understand that being a parent of an adult is very different from being a parent of a child. You have to set an example that they can be proud of. Read on to understand what being a parent of an adult means.
- Respect your child’s decisions and independence. Do not try to interfere with their decisions even though your choice may differ.
- Continue to love and support them. Let them know that they can depend on you in times of difficulty.
- Let them know their strengths and weaknesses when facing challenges. Gently show them the way if needed.
- Respect and love your child's life partner. This is important for healthy relationship.
- Plan your visits if possible according to your child’s convenience as they are more likely to be busy.
- Offer to take care of their children to give them a much needed break.
- Let them know about your health issues, so they can help you plan for any required treatment.
- Consider their care, attention and love as generousity and do not take them for granted.
Read more articles on Parenting.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth App.