Lungs are destroyed due to the presence of 'abnormal cells' in COVID-19 patients, explains scientists.
How COVID-19 affects human lungs? Coronavirus infection is increasing worldwide! New cases of corona infection have increased in India too, but thankfully, the number of recovering patients has also proliferated. People are having more trouble only in severe cases of corona infection—especially those who have severe virus infection in their lungs. In severe infection of the coronavirus, human lungs can be severely damaged and can even stop working. Scientists have found out the primary reason behind this. Researchers at King's College, London, UK, have discovered this in their study.
Research-report published in the journal 'eByomedicine'
This research report has been published in the journal 'eByomedicine', in which the unusual behaviour of the virus has been revealed. This can explain why the disease's symptoms, including difficulty in breathing (breathlessness) and fatigue, persist for months in many patients, which is also known as 'long covid'. Researchers analyzed the heart, lungs, liver and kidney of 41 people who lost their lives to COVID-19 to learn more about the behaviour of the new coronavirus 'SARS-Cov-2'.
Damaged lungs in maximum cases: Lungs were found to be significantly damaged in most of the cases analyzed. According to scientists, additional symptoms were found in about 90 per cent of patients, which were quite different from other forms of pneumonia. Blood clots in the arteries and veins of these people were very high, and many lung cells were abnormally large and had nuclei.
Latest coronavirus research update: This led to the different cells joining together into single large sections. Scientists have analyzed the samples of organs of people who lost their lives with COVID-19 and found that in most cases, the lungs became useless due to the presence of "interconnected" abnormal cells. This is a fact that can throw more light on the severity of the disease.
Dr Pooja Kohli (NirogStreet) shares some natural herbs for healthy lungs
Due to increased Air pollution now a day maximum population of earth is breathing in bad air, which leads to breathing problems and various respiratory-related issues. There are many herbs which are beneficial for healthy Lungs, few of them are Vasa, Pushkarmool, Tulasi, Pipali, Kali Mirich.
- Vasa ( Adhatoda vasica ):- Vasa is a natural Expectorant (promotes expectoration ) & is suitable for lungs due to its Antitussive (relieves a cough), Bronchodilator, Anti-bacterial & Anti-inflammatory properties. The decoction of leaves of Vasa useful in irritation of the throat.
- Pushkarmool (Inula Racemosa):- Pushkrmool is considered as the best herb in cough, cold, dysphonia & hi-cough due to its Expectorant & Bronchodilator properties.
- Tulasi (Ocimum tenuiflorum):- Tulasi has natural anti-microbial properties and is prescribed in cough, cold and congestion in the chest due to its bronchodilator properties. It is also an immunomodulatory & antitussive property.
- Pipali ( Piper Longer):-Pipali has a powerful effect on the respiratory system. It has shown the rejuvenating effect on Lungs & respiratory system. It is also an anti-oxidant.
- Kali Mirich(Black pepper/ Piper nigrum):- Black piper has anti-asthmatic, anti-inflammatory & anti-allergic properties and useful in cough, cold-like symptoms. It can be used in curries, drink or can be used a pinch on snacks too.
Read More Articles in Health News
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.
- Doctor Verified
- abnormal cells
- coronavirus effect on body
- coronavirus affects lungs and brain
- coronavirus patients
- coronavirus studies
- new study on coronavirus
- lungs coronavirus
- kidney coronavirus
- coronavirus news
- coronavirus blood group
- coronavirus in delhi
- coronavirus india