Homemade chia seed face mask to revitalise your dull and damaged skin
Want to get rid of that dull and damaged skin? Try this amazing homemade chia seed fact to revive your skin.
- Chia seeds are offer several health benefits.
- But they can also be great for your skin.
- Try chia seeds DIY facemask for a radiant skin.
We all are aware that chia seeds are beneficial for our health but did you know these seeds can actually be great for your skin too? Yes, chia seeds have been in the buzz lately for their beauty benefits. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, chia seeds not only hydrate, moisturise but also calm redness. These seeds also strengthen the collagen and elastin levels thus repair your damaged skin cells.
Image source ; Getty
Being enriched in zinc, antioxidants, essential minerals, chia seeds also help in getting rid of blemishes, improving blood circulation, giving your skin a radiant glow.
Try below given DIY chia seed mask to reap the beautiful benefits of chia seeds.
Here is how to prepare the face mask
- Take 2 tablespoons of chia seeds and soak them in equal quantity in a bowl.
- Keep it aside for 20 minutes and you will have a gel like consistency.
- Strain the solution in another bowl.
- Now add a teaspoon of honey to this gel and mix it well.
- Next, add a teaspoon of olive oil to this mixture.
Honey is a natural humectant so it will work to moisturise and brighten your skin tone while olive oil, being loaded with antioxidants, will penetrate deep into the skin, hyrdating and reparing it.
Also read : 10 Best Homemade Face Packs for Dry Skin
How to use it
- Before you apply this facemask, make sure that you clean off dirt from your face.
- Now, apply the mask onto your skin in a circular movement.
- Let it sit for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Scrub to remove the deep embedded dead cells.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water, and follow it up by washing your face with cold water to close pores.
- Pat you skin dry with a soft towel and massage a deep-nourishing moisturiser.
Top Image source : Getty
Read more articles on Skin Care
For more such stories, Download Onlymyhealth app
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jan 12, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.