If you want to reduce carbohydrates or carbs from your diet and increase the amount of protein, then you must eat green beans. Low Carb Diet is considered very good for health. The reason for this is that when you reduce your intake of carbs, you feel less hungry and your weight remains under control. Green beans are the best source of protein for vegetarians. Although you get protein from non-vegetarian diets, scientists say that protein derived from plants is more beneficial. This is why beans are considered a very good diet for weight loss.
- Green beans are low in carbohydrates but have good protein content.
- Besides, it contains soluble fiber and a lot of minerals like zinc, iron, potassium, etc. are found.
- This is why eating green beans are beneficial for high blood pressure patients and cholesterol patients.
Why low-carb diet is important?
Your body needs more carbohydrates when you do a lot of hard work, such as hours of high-intensity training, sports, running, etc. in the gym. If you work hard in an office (a sitting job), then you should reduce the number of carbs in your diet. The reason for this is, carbs lead to weight gain and extra fat that accumulates in the body and you start falling prey to many diseases. So if you are not a sportsman (athlete) or a person doing heavy exercise in the gym, then keep carbohydrates low in your diet.
Green beans are very nutritious
Eating green beans is very beneficial for health. Half a cup of chopped green beans contains 20 grams of carbohydrate, of which 9 grams are fiber. So in a way, the amount of carbs is only 11 grams. This is the reason beans can be included in a low-carb diet. Beans can be digested easily due to the fiber present in it. So if you are taking a low-carb diet, keep a good amount of fiber in the food.
Benefits of eating green beans
- Eating green beans does not increase your weight because 1 cup of green beans only contains 31 calories.
- Green beans are considered very good for the heart because they reduce the amount of cholesterol in the body. Green beans contain soluble fiber, which reduces bad cholesterol (LDL Cholesterol).
- Eating green beans keeps your digestion good and eliminates the problem of constipation-indigestion because it contains fiber, which makes the stool soft and cleanses the intestines well.
- Green beans are a good source of protein, so your bones are strengthened by its consumption. Apart from this, it strengthens muscles and hair. One cup of green beans contains 2 grams of protein.
- Green beans are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. One cup of green beans contains 33 micrograms of folate, which is very beneficial for pregnant women.
Read more on Weight Management