Here we provide you some of the benefits of zucchini that you might not have known. Do you know that eating zucchini has shown positive effects on people suffering from thyroid?
We often include a plethora of vegetables in our diet without realising its importance. Zucchini is one such vegetable, belonging to the gourd family, is surprisingly good for your health. Commonly found in the Americas, zucchini is known to treat colds, aches and various other common health problems.
Here are some of the benefits of zucchini that you might not have known.
Zucchini for Digestion
- Zucchini contains plenty of water which helps soften stool, thereby reducing the chances of constipation and other digestive problems.
- It is also high in fiber, electrolytes and other nutrients which can reduce inflammation and keeps problems such as irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers and Crohn’s disease at bay.
Zucchini for Blood Sugar Levels
Also Read: Tasty Bhel Puri Recipe For A Healthy Life
- Diet high in carbohydrates and low in fiber contributes to an elevated level of blood sugar. Incorporating zucchini in your diet will help you keep your blood sugar levels in check.
- Zucchini contains fiber which will make you feel full and reduce the intake of carbohydrates. This will reduce the blood sugar levels and alleviate your chances of developing diabetes.
Zucchini for Healthy Heart
- Various studies have shown that eating fiber can lower the risk of heart diseases. Zucchini contains a soluble fiber which reduces bad cholesterol levels, which in turn, reduces the risk of developing heart diseases.
- It is also rich in potassium, which helps maintain blood pressure levels – another factor responsible for the onset of heart diseases.
Zucchini for Eyes
Zucchini contains vitamin C, antioxidants and beta-carotene – some of the most important nutrients for maintaining eye health. It improves the vision and reduces the risk of developing macular degeneration, one of the most common eye diseases among adults.
Zucchini for Weight Loss
- Weight loss is a major concern worldwide. It can lead to various other diseases, which can be extremely dangerous for your health. So, maintaining a healthy weight is crucial to maintain good health.
- Zucchini has high levels of water and low-calorie density, which will help you feel full and can reduce hunger, thereby leading to a healthy weight loss over time.
Zucchini for Thyroid
Eating zucchini has shown positive effects on people suffering from thyroid, according to a study conducted by Devi University, India. The study has stated that zucchini peel extracts help keep thyroid hormone level in check.
Zucchini for Asthma
- The high levels of vitamin C in zucchini can help fight asthma. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce the inflammation attacks.
- Asthma is caused due to an inflammation of the bronchial tubes, making it difficult to breathe normally. Since zucchini contains vitamin C and has anti-inflammatory properties, it can help ease the symptoms of asthma.
Zucchini for Anti-ageing
- The antioxidants, lutein and zeaxanthin, present in zucchini can help slow down the signs of ageing and help you keep looking younger for a long time. Lutein has properties that can fight off the damage to the skin done by overexposure to the sun.
- Vitamin C also plays an important role when it comes to slowing down the process of ageing of the human body. It also helps prevent mental ageing by keeping the brain functioning in check and preventing diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
Read more articles on Healthy Diet
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.