Garlic is one of the staple ingredients of Indian and Italian cuisine. Its distinct flavour makes every dish flavourful. Also, it is extensively used in natural remedies too because of the vital nutrients and healing properties it possesses. One of the lesser-known benefits of garlic is that it can aid hair fall and promote hair growth. People are aware of the fact that onion helps in hair fall control but garlic is also an amazing ingredient for hair growth. In this article, we bring to you the benefits of garlic for hair and how to make garlic oil to deliver nutrients to your scalp.
Garlic contains some potent antioxidants that effectively boost hair health. It helps in combating bacterial issues related to hair including dandruff, itchy scalp, infection, etc.
Garlic Oil for Hair Growth
Garlic provides nourishment to your scalp that eventually helps hair. The best way to utilize garlic for hair woes is by applying garlic oil to your scalp. We will tell you how you can make garlic oil for hair at home but let us first tell you its benefits for hair care:
- It has anti-bacterial properties that eliminate all kinds of bacteria buildup that your scalp might be having. This is very common during monsoons and humid weather.
- If you sweat a lot, you are highly likely to suffer from bacterial scalp infections. So, using garlic oil is a good remedy.
- Garlic oil also has anti-viral, antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties, which can protect the scalp from viral and fungal infections. This gives rise to crusted dandruff that can aggravate severe hair infection and damage.
- Garlic oil contains sulphur which is found to upscale the production of carotene protein in hair that is responsible for hair growth.
- Several studies have found that massaging your scalp with garlic oil can reduce hair fall and breakage. This eventually initiates hair growth.
How to Make Garlic Hair Oil At Home
You can easily make garlic oil at home. Just follow these steps:
- Crush some garlic cloves or make a garlic paste.
- Take a pan and add garlic paste. Roast it a little.
- Add one cup of coconut oil or olive oil to garlic paste.
- Heat the oil at a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Now, turn off the gas and let the oil cool down.
- Once done, transfer it to a bottle or jar.
To reap its best benefits, you must apply oil to your hair twice a week. Overnight oiling is the best, if that is not possible, you must keep the oil for at least 2-3 hours before shampooing. Garlic oil can be very beneficial for hair. However, keep in mind that If you are allergic to garlic, avoid using it.
Image credits- freepik