For stress-free life eat breakfast
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should not be missed.
- It makes the body ready for stresses and other pressures throughout the day.
- Eating breakfast reduces anxiety and unwanted stress.
- A breakfast that has all the nutrients keeps the mood uplifted.
Having full breakfast is a good way to reduce stress and anxiety. Morning meal is an important lifestyle change that you need to make, if you are looking to improve your mental and physical functions.
How breakfast reduces stress and weight
A proper healthy breakfast contains various ingredients such as whole grains, proteins having low fats, low fat milk, fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. All these ingredients are good sources of fibre, proteins, carbohydrates and good fats that make your body feel fuller, thereby stopping you from overeating. Lab studies performed in Mindlab Sussex Innovation Centre, Brighton showed that people who take proper breakfast show 89% less anxiety and stress than those who don’t. Breakfast provides you with the necessary energy that is required to start the day and makes it last for the whole duration.
Importance of breakfast
Breakfast makes your body prepared to face stress at work or anywhere else. Stress brings a lot of changes in the body. It deprives your body of all the essential nutrients required for its normal functioning. Breakfast maintains the level of the essential nutrients in the body. A proper breakfast accumulates enough energy in the body to be used throughout the day. It helps in the following ways:
- Your ability to fight stress decreases when you skip breakfast. If you haven’t had proper breakfast, the body will react in a negative way in response to stress. When you are in stress, your body produces stress hormones. These hormones make the body lose various essential nutrients, such as calcium, zinc, iron and magnesium. Breakfast supplies all these essential nutrients to your body and helps to cope with stress. It also maintains the level of antioxidants in the body which play a major role in avoiding the side effects of stress, such as mood swings.
- A good breakfast containing a large amount of carbohydrates helps to maintain your good mood. These food items help in the entry of an amino acid tryptophan into the brain. Tryptophan enhances the production of hormone serotonin. Serotonin is a mood uplifter and a stress buster hormone. Orange juice and banana in breakfast also has numerous benefits. Orange juice contains vitamin C which is also a mood enhancer. Including a banana in breakfast keeps you full throughout the day.
- A breakfast rich in vitamin C, anti-oxidants, minerals and carbohydrates will keep you stress free. It enhances the capacity of your immune system and keeps you healthy.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it provides all the essential nutrients that keep you energised and stress free throughout the day.
Image source : Shutterstock
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Nov 15, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.