National Milk Day 2020: Milk contains a wide range of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, proteins, healthy fats, and antioxidants. Milk is a rich source of protein that contains all nine essential amino acids. It can help reduce age-related muscle loss and promote muscle repair after exercise. Various types of nutrients present in milk that benefit bone health, such as calcium, vitamin D, phosphorus, and magnesium. Studies show that intake of milk and dairy products can prevent osteoporosis and reduce the risk of fractures. If you drink milk daily, then you will get all these benefits easily. But before drinking milk, it is important to keep some things in mind. According to experts, there are some foods which should not be consumed before drinking milk. It can be harmful to your health.
Do not eat these foods before drinking milk
- Do not drink milk after citrus fruits (orange and pineapples): Sour fruits should not be consumed before drinking milk. If you drink milk after eating citrus fruits, you may have complaints of vomiting. If you consume such fruits, then give a gap of 2 hours in drinking milk. Because if you take milk with these fruits, then the calcium inside the milk absorbs the enzymes of the fruit, and you do not get the nutrition of milk. Besides, citrus fruits like oranges and pineapples affect your digestion; hence you may have indigestion problems.
- Do not drink milk after eating urad dal: Consuming milk after eating urad dal can spoil your digestion. It is harmful to consume both together. Drinking milk after eating lentils can cause abdominal pain, vomiting and heaviness in the body. Some contradictory food items that do not go together (with milk): Honey, buttermilk, sprout grains and fish should not be eaten with urad dal. Sour foods and milk should not be eaten together.
Also Read: 9 Health Benefits of Kiwi Fruit
- Do not consume bitter gourd and okra before drinking milk: One should never consume bitter gourd and lady's finger before drinking milk. Drinking milk after eating these vegetables can cause dark spots on your face.
- Radish and berries: If you are eating radish and berries, do not consume milk immediately after this. Drinking milk after consuming radish and berries can be dangerous for you. By doing this, you may face many skin related problems, such as itching and possibility of wrinkles on the face.
- Do not drink milk after eating fish: Eating fish can be beneficial for health. It is also beneficial for skin and hair. But never drink milk immediately after eating it. By doing this, your digestive system can be spoiled. This can cause you many problems, such as food poisoning, abdominal pain and white spots on the body. Since fish has a heating effect, and milk has a cooling effect, their combination leads to chemical changes that create an imbalance in the body. Many nutritionists also support this Ayurvedic phenomenon. Therefore, keeping this heating and cooling effect in mind, it is advised to avoid this combination.
Read more articles on Healthy Diet
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.