Here's A Yoga Guide For Beginners By Ms Garima Bhandari, Yoga & Wellness Coach.
Yoga exercises for beginners to do at home: Practising yoga has been so much into knowledge in the past few years. Therefore, a lot of people tend to start practising yoga for better health and body. There are few doubts in people’s mind like if one can excel in yoga if their body is not flexible, what all yoga can help with, or is it beneficial in maintaining weight. Yoga is not only an exercise but is a way of lifestyle, therefore has to be done correctly to reach out to one’s goals. One must also know that yoga is not only balancing physics but also balancing and uniting the mind and your spirit.
Ms Garima Bhandari, Yoga & Wellness Coach and Corporate Image Expert states that, "The physical asana practice is a tiny part of yoga. Yoga has a lot of yamas and niyamas associated with itself. It has to be done disciplinarily and respectfully and not just for the sake of doing it. Mere physical asana practice is only a part of the whole region, but the part that is much hidden from all is the internal cleansing and bringing the peace to mind from within through combining physical postures with breaths, i.e. pranayama. The art of breathing right makes you fit from within and cleanses you internally."
Factors to take care before practising yoga asanas (Do’s and Don’ts)
- You must have taken a good sleep, as your body and mind have to be well-rested for the asana practice. Prefer sleeping early and waking up early so that you can practice in a new environment without any disturbance and stress elements.
- Don't consume a heavy meal right before or when you're doing yoga asanas, wait for at least 2 to 3 hours for heavy meals.
- You must take a shower before your practice and wear comfortable clothes which do not restrict your movement.
- Where so ever you practice, it must be well ventilated. Do not practice in AC of under fan. Prefer practising in the area which is airy and open like roofs, balcony, or lawns.
- Make sure your mat is clean and sanitized well.
- Do not drink water after and before half an hour of the practice.
- Do not take a shower just after the session wait for at least half an hour.
- Try and refrain from your daily practise of yoga asana particularly during your menstrual cycle (PMS), and only perform asanas during pregnancy after consulting your doctor and your experienced yoga instructor.
- Do not practice yoga in an unclean place, and avoid smoky places and uncouth smelling areas.
- Children under five need not be trained or forced to learn yoga.
- Do not consume alcohol or use drugs when doing yoga.
Takeaway Tip: For a start, start with a 10 to 15 minutes practice. Even if you work in irregular shifts, take out five minutes and do a few asanas while sitting on your chair itself. If you don’t have time at all, do a few stretches and breathing practice when you hit the bed.
Read more articles on Yoga
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.