Fertile periods to get pregnant
- Oral health is closely related to fertility.
- Fertility can be improved with aphrodisiac diet.
- Being obese or overweight may also hamper fertility.
Learning about fertility periods can be of great help to a woman, who can choose to avoid or increase her chances of becoming pregnant on her own. Fertility period can be identified in several ways. Among common methods to determine fertile periods are measuring basal temperature and mucous consistency both of which are effective, though careful monitoring in each is required.
[Read: Important Facts on Fertility]
Pregnancy and fertility
Pregnancy should be well-planned and mandates that the to-be mother make long-term decisions. To prepare for or prevent pregnancy, a woman must give special attention to her fertility period. The body of a woman works in cycles as far as conception is concerned. Therefore, a woman can only conceive during a specific period of the cycle.
The most fertile time to get pregnant is known as the fertility window. The window stretches from 5—6 days, which starts 2—3 days before ovulation until the day of ovulation. It is the time when sexual intercourse is most likely to lead to pregnancy. Once a woman has begun to ovulate, she cannot get pregnant until the next cycle.
[Read: How age Affects Fertility]
Facts about fertility
- The probability of getting pregnant is less than 15 percent in spite of unprotected sexual intercourse during the non-fertile days.
- Oral health is closely related to fertility. Prolonged oral infections, gum diseases or poor dental hygiene may lead to premature delivery or low birth weight in infants.
- Food choices also play a vital role in maintaining the fertility of a woman. A healthy dietary regimen includes intake of essential nutrients along with folic acid. Folic acid is vital to prevent birth-defects.
- Fertility can be improved with aphrodisiac diet. This type of diet strictly reduces processed food consumption while increasing fibre intake.
- Being active or engaging in physical activities should be made a priority to boost fertility.
- A healthy lifestyle consisting regular physical activities, eating nutritious diet and maintaining normal cholesterol levels helps boost fertility. There, however, could be fertility problems due to hormonal dysfunction.
- Being obese or overweight may also hamper fertility. Therefore, health experts advise women to maintain a certain body weight to stay away from fertility concerns.
- Biological clock is usually related to women. Biological clock also applies for men too as their fertility depletes with age. Depleted health of a sperm is the reason of the ticking of biological clock in men.
Most women do not experience difficulties to get pregnant, but there is always a slight chance of failure. These fertility concerns can be prevented with better understanding of fertility and aspects associated with fertility cycle.
Read more articles on Pregnancy
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Dec 06, 2016
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.