While you’re working remotely, make sure you stick to your regular eating schedule and keep yourself nourished-not just your stomach, but also your mind and heart. Eating a varied and healthy diet that includes ingredients such as California walnuts that are rich in essential plant-based Omega-3 fatty acids, protein and fiber may go a long way in helping you stay healthy. Walnuts add a beneficial mix of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to any dish that may reduce risk of heart diseases, lower the prevalence and frequency of depression and boost cognitive health. Hence, also with lesser time to give to cooking and lots of office calls and mails to attend to, it is important to not give up on nutrition while working from home. This is the time to take charge of your health to eat everything healthy and yummy. In particular, include foods that increase your immunity. This is essential to keep safe from the coronavirus scare in times like these.
So, here are some simple yet delicious and healthy recipes you can make in 15 minutes with walnuts and a few staples you have on hand curated by Celebrity Chef Sabyasachi Gorai.
Energy Bites With Walnut And Fruits
- Lightly toasted California walnuts: 1 cup
- Dates: 3/4 cup
- Cranberries in dried state: 1/4 cup
- Flaked coconut: 1/4 cup
- Flax seeds in grounded form: 2 tablespoons
- Honey: 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract of any brand: 1 teaspoon
- Rice cereal: 1/2 cup
- Gring together cranberries, flax seeds, coconut, dates, walnuts into a coarse chopped version.
- Open lid and add vanilla and honey into the grinder and pulse again
- Take a bowl with cereal and mix the condiments off the grinder. Use your hands to mix the ingredients.
- Take the mixture in 14 equal balls and coat the balls with coconut.
Hummus Made of Curried Walnut
- Drained and rinsed chickpeas: 425g
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Peeled garlic clove: 1
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons
- Squeezed Lemon: 1/2
- Curry powder: 1 tablespoon
- Half walnuts: 1 cup
- Add chickpeas, salt, garlic, 2 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder and ½ cup walnuts to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Roughly chop the remaining ½ cup of walnuts. To serve, drizzle hummus with 2 teaspoon olive oil and top with chopped walnuts.
- Take a cracker or vegetables for the humus. Dip and enjoy the freshness. Also, you can store the same in an airtight container.
Rice and California Walnuts Shake
- Walnuts: 60 g of
- Brown rice (already cooked): 80g
- Water: 800ml
- Pinch of cinnamon or vanilla
- Take a blender, put all ingredients and fine strain them. It can be kept between 5 days and a week, in a refrigerated glass bottle
Read more articles on Healthy Diet
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.