Eat and apply sunflower seeds to make your face soft, supple and glowing. Try these sunflower seeds mask recipes.
Sunflower seeds are counted amongst superfoods that hold innumerable health benefits. Munching these daily provides the essential nutrients that keep all your organs healthy for proper functioning. Eating these seeds is common but would you like to try these on your face? Think of the good they do to your inner health and now imagine the good they can do to your face. Using these on your face can revive the skin naturally. The idea is to fasten the process. Your skin would also get benefits of eating sunflower seeds but they take time to show up. Upon topical application of the seeds, you are providing direct nutrition to the skin for faster and better results.
Sunflower Seeds Nutrition
Over time, sunflower seeds have become as popular as flax seeds for the number of nutrients they have for our health and wellness. People who are trying to live and eat healthily are loving sunflower seeds as snacks. Sunflower seeds are rich sources of protein, vitamin E and magnesium.
Considering skincare benefits, we all know the significance of vitamin E for the skin. It is the main element for building the skin and keeping the natural beauty. We look for skincare products with vitamin E for rejuvenation when we have natural vitamin E sources like Sunflower seeds. Consuming these is extremely health-advantageous but applying them as face mask just doubles up the benefits. Also, these seeds are anti-inflammatory and antioxidant to protect the skin against oxidative damage.
DIY Sunflower Seeds Face Mask
Try these easy homemade sunflower seeds face masks load your skin with vitamin E and antioxidants to get the radiant glow.
#1 Sunflower seeds and milk mask
- Sunflower seeds- 3 tablespoons
- Milk- for soaking
- In a bowl, add sunflower seeds and milk.
- Soak the seeds in the milk overnight or for 4-5 hours.
- Now, blend the seeds mixture to a fine thick paste.
- Add one stand of saffron to it and mix well.
- Apply this paste on your face and keep it for 15-20 minutes.
- Now, wash it off with water. Don’t use a cleanser after that.
Benefits: While sunflower seeds revitalize the dull skin and treat pigmentation. Milk and saffron, on the other hand, are moisturizing. These apart from getting a natural glow also makes the skin soft and supple.
#2 Sunflower seeds and honey mask
- Sunflower seeds- ¼ cup
- Rosewater- ⅓ cup
- Honey- 1 tablespoon
- In a bowl, put sunflower seeds and add rose water.
- Put this bowl in the refrigerator overnight or for 4-5 hours. The seeds will soak up the rose water.
- Now, blend the soaked seeds to form a thick paste.
- Ass some honey to it and mix again.
- Apply a thick layer of this homemade face mask on your face.
- Keep it until it is dried completely.
- Wash it off with normal water.
Benefits: This mask would deeply cleanse the skin. It will clean out the pores, exfoliate the skin to remove blackheads and moisturize the skin to not feel dry. These face masks are great for all skin types.
Read More Articles in Skin Care
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.