Sunscreen lotion cream: Since our childhood, we have been listening to these many things, 'don't go outside without sunscreen', 'have you applied the lotion', 'it's so hot outside, keep sunscreen with you'. Applying sunscreen daily, not helps you from the harmful ultraviolet rays but also helps your skin to rejuvenate and prevent fatal diseases like skin cancer. But do you think, that applying it once, while leaving your house, is enough? No, it's not. There are several tips to skincare that you should follow while going out especially in summers. There are many mistakes we all are making unknowingly, such as applying sunscreen once a day, etc. Read all the mistakes you do, below:
Using your sunscreen once
We all spend 8-10 hours outside in direct contact with the sun. While travelling to the office or going college, we all use our own vehicle and public transport, which does not completely protect you from UV rays. Moreover, you will be shocked to know that it just takes twenty minutes to sunburn your skin. Hence, to prevent this,
- The first step is to apply the sunscreen thoroughly on your face, neck, hands (whatever body part which is not covered)
- The second step is to apply at least 30 minutes before stepping out of the sun. Sunscreen takes time to merge in the skin completely.
- The third step is to apply it whenever you step out. Only the exception is, if you step within 2 hours, then it is not necessary. Otherwise, apply it in the gap of every 2 hours.
Thinking sunscreen is enough
After-sun care is the most necessary part to cure sunburn. The only sunscreen will not help you out if you are suffering from sunburn. Calming your skin with natural home remedies is an option. Natural things like aloe vera gel and green-tea bags are one of the remedies. Besides this, don't forget to moisturize your skin daily. In case of irritation to the skin, use ice-packs but don't touch your infected skin or try to peel it.
READ: Men's Grooming Tips: 7 Easy Steps to Shave Sensitive Skin
Is your SPF enough?
You may be excited to see various advertisements for numerous sunscreens. You may also be fascinated by the benefits they claim, but do you think is it all true? Try not to experiment with new products or sunscreens. Use original products that too recommended by dermatologists. In such heat, it is recommended to use 50 SPF.
READ: Potato Juice for Skin: Fight dark spots, dark circles, puffy eye and more
You always think that you are wearing the right outfit while travelling out. Check a few points before leaving,
- Wear cotton clothes (it soothes your skin)
- Try to cover your sleeves (sleeve-cover)
- Carry a dupatta/scarf (cover your face)
- Cover your head with a hat or a cap
- Avoid synthetic clothes
- If travelling by two-wheeler, carry a loose shirt to wear on your clothes (it will protect you from pollution too)
- Try to cover your feet, they too get affected from heat and tanning (wear socks).
Read more articles on SkinCare