Suffering from hypertension? Here is the best ayurvedic medicine to control your high blood pressure.
What is the best ayurvedic cure for high blood pressure? Hypertension or high blood pressure is not a disease or ailment. It is only a symptom. It is also known as hypertension for when the tension in your blood rises above normal safe levels. Our blood pressure reading typically shows the amount of blood passing through our body every second and the amount of resistance faced while the heart pumps. The resistance is ideally encountered when arteries begin to narrow because of the plaque deposits. If such a situation in the arteries continues, it can be dangerous for the heart and body's overall health. Such deposits are commonly known to raise heart problems, among other health disasters. In the nascent stage, it is hard to point to a symptom. Often, there are no indications of any issues, but with time this issue can develop to cause serious harm to blood vessels, brain, heart, eyes and kidneys. Early detection, though difficult, is possible with regular medical tests and checkups. These checkups must be done to avoid any long-term or permanent damage.
Abnormal highs and lows in your blood pressure
A physician records your BP to note any abnormal highs and lows in your pressure. In the case of any irregularities reported, the physician needs to monitor the readings over a couple of weeks. This process is necessary for the diagnosis process to determine the reason behind the irregularities in your blood pressure. It is advisable to cooperate with the doctor and ensure that you are readily providing all necessary health details as required. Lamentably, symptoms of high blood pressure do not become evident until there is a health issue. High BP is often an underlying issue; therefore, hard to detect instantly. Although there are general symptoms that can be said, make high blood pressure evident. Be aware of symptoms such as discomfort or uneasiness, regular headaches, shortness of breath, numbness in the limbs, chest pain or blood in the urine. Some symptoms, such as facial paralysis and paralysis due to brain haemorrhage, can mean high blood pressure. The best way to check symptoms and address any concern is to get regularly reviewed by the physician. Also, monitor your blood pressure at frequent periods if you think you match any of these symptoms.
According to Zyropathy, blood-related disorders in organs such as the brain, heart, kidneys, lungs and blood vessels hold the root cause of blood pressure. Kamayani Naresh, Founder Of Zyropathy, shares 12 useful herbs that can assist in controlling high BP. Herbs such as:
- Ashwagandha: It is also known as the Indian Ginseng or Winter Cherry. It is rated one of the most potent herbs of Ayurveda and has been used as a Rasayana, meaning a solution to millennia's extended life and diseases. Many people are bothered by the obstacle of high blood pressure in today's time. In such a situation, this drug can be consumed to keep blood pressure under control. If you have a problem with high blood pressure, you can control it significantly by consuming it. For this, take a thick grind of Ashwagandha powder and a glass of milk.
- Dalchini: Commonly known as Cinnamon, Dalchini is widely used in India cooking. As a medicinal herb, it helps with common cough, digestive issues, and pimples. It has anti-inflammatory properties and is full of antioxidants. It also has potent anti-diabetic effects and is known to lower blood sugar levels. Cinnamon is such a natural medicine, which, if consumed in the right amount, controls high blood pressure. If diabetes patients take it, it also prevents the amount of sugar in the blood.
- Brahmi: It is known as the herb of grace and grows in India's wetlands and other parts of the world. It is believed to sharpen the brain cells and promoting chemicals for learning and memory. It also helps fight stress. Brahmi, full of medicinal properties, is considered very good for health. It is also known as Brain Booster. If you have a problem with high blood pressure, then you can take it. Make juice by mixing wheat sorghum, aloe vera, gourd and taking it in the morning.
- Arjuna: It is the inner dark bark of the bark of the Arjuna tree. It has cardioprotective properties. It also helps reduced levels of blood pressure. Arjuna's bark is known as a blood pressure controlling drug. Additionally, Arjuna's bark has many other properties, including antiplatelet, anti-ischemic, antioxidant, and inotropic. Arjuna's bark is usually found in powder form only. Blood pressure is controlled by taking it on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Shilajeet: A sticky substance commonly found under the Himalayas rocks, Shilajeet is developed over centuries by the decomposition of plants. It positively affects the overall well being of humans. Shilajit can prove to be very beneficial, as it contains a quantity of potassium which is considered very helpful in keeping the blood pressure balanced. Therefore, people who have high blood pressure problem can also take Shilajit.
- Punernava: The word itself explains that it stands for replenishing and renewing. It has antihypertensive properties that help keep blood pressure under control. To control blood pressure, you can eat a quantity of Punarnava powder mixed with honey. The amount of magnesium present in it can prove to be very helpful in controlling blood pressure. By controlling blood pressure, you can avoid the risk of heart attack and heart stroke.
- Giloy: The queen of herbs and the most versatile herb, Giloy is believed to strengthen immunity. It also helps balance blood sugar and improves skin health. Therefore, you must consume Giloy in a certain amount every day. Regular intake of Giloy juice can relieve fever, flu, dengue, malaria, stomach bug problems, low blood pressure, heart diseases, tuberculosis, stomach diseases, diabetes and skin diseases etc.
- Sarpagandha: Popularly known for severe mental issues, Sarpagandha is also used to keep hypertension in control. Research described serpagandha as a medicine for many diseases. Panacea is a drug, especially for high blood pressure and stress. The root extract is a panacea for high blood pressure. The juice of the leaves is also helpful in improving eyesight.
- Amla: It is a popular and essential drug in Ayurveda. It is used as a tonic and herb as an agent to build energy and vitality. If you eat amla in large quantity, not only can the blood pressure be high, but there can be many other problems with the heart as well. In such a situation, people struggling with high blood pressure should avoid excessive consumption of amla.
- Triphala: In traditional Ayurveda, Triphala is used to counter diseases and treat several symptoms. It is highly beneficial for bowel passage and weight loss. Similarly, Triphala water can also be used. Soak 20 grams of Triphala in the water at night and add two teaspoons of honey to the water in the morning and drink it; it helps control hypertension.
- Pipali: It is a long pepper-like herb that is aromatic with many curative abilities. It is used to treat heartburn, digestive issues, and many lung problems, among others.
- Anantmool: It is a rare herb known to have many beneficial properties for the human body. Anantmool has cooling properties and nourishing nature.
Read More Articles in Ayurveda
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.