Are bananas bad for losing weight? How effective are bananas when you trying to lose weight? Learn whether bananas are good or bad for weight loss regimen.
Bananas are perceived as a bad food option for weight loss and diabetes. but an excellent one for weight gain. The general perception is not true since bananas boost metabolism and aid digestion, thus facilitating weight loss. Exclusion of banana does not contribute to the weight loss but managing calorie intake does.
Bananas and Weight Loss
- Banana is counted among the most nutritious foods, owing to its low calories and low-fat content. Moreover, bananas are high in fibre and vitamins to keep you energised for a longer time and manage metabolic activities
- A banana, which has close to 100 calories, can be eaten as a breakfast or as a snack or could be eaten as a dessert too. Surprisingly, a low-calorie banana can fulfil the daily requirement of potassium, magnesium and vitamin B6. Moreover, the convenient addition to the daily diet opens up meal and snacking options
- Low glycemic index of banana also makes it a good option for weight loss. Its glycemic index is indicative of the fact that carbohydrates are slowly released into the body
- According to Discovery Health website and the U.S. Department of Agriculture's National Nutrient Database, eating several bananas a day on a 2,000-calorie-per-day diet fulfils the nutrimental requirement for only a fraction of daily caloric consumption. Bananas' natural sugars will also allow you to decrease unnecessary sugar calories
- Bananas do not have much protein as well as fat. According to USDA database reports, a banana has less than half a gram of fat. Taking into account that it has 9 calories per gram of fat, bananas can’t be counted among bad fat foods that lead to weight gain
- As far as maintaining energy levels for a longer span is concerned, bananas have dietary fibre to make you feel fuller and prevent unnecessary snacking. A banana provides you 4 grams of dietary fibre per serving
Eating bananas should be a part of an overall lifestyle change, which complements workout schedule and fitness. In other words, eating bananas should not be considered as an integral part of a weight-loss plan, but a part of it. In a nutshell, it could be a good food option to result in desired weight loss. If you love bananas and want to include it in your diet chart for a weight loss regimen, talk to your nutritionist.
Read more articles on Weight Loss.
For more such articles, Download OnlymyHealth App.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.