Strawberries and blueberries are not only delicious to eat, but they are also rich in many rich nutrients. Berries are also used in many skin and beauty products, (they help in beautifying your skin). The nutrients present in them are believed to help control appetite, improve heart health, as well as reduce the risk of diabetes. The best thing is that you can easily buy both these berries offline (market) or online. Another good thing is that you can eat these berries in many ways, such as raw or in the form of a smoothie, ice cream, yoghurt, milkshakes or candy.
Difference between Strawberry and Blueberry
- While talking about the difference between these two berries, the first thing is that both of these come under the category of low-calorie fruits. But strawberries are much lower in calories than blueberries.
- The other difference between these two berries is that strawberries have lower carbohydrate and sugar content than blueberries. But there is more fibre in blueberry. However, both of them are considered a good source of natural sugar.
- Also, in terms of vitamins and minerals, strawberries are always a better source of vitamin C and potassium, meanwhile, blueberries are a better source of vitamins A and C.
- Both these berries are beneficial for you, but according to your need and taste, you can choose any of them and make them part of the diet.
Benefits of strawberry
- Strawberry is rich in antioxidants and polyphenols, making it an ideal fruit to protect your heart from health and diseases.
- Strawberries are also considered a good source of vitamin C and fibre, and according to many studies, the inclusion of both of these vitamins in the diet helps protect against oesophagus and colon cancer.
- Strawberries contain pectin, which lowers LDL (bad cholesterol) levels in the body.
Benefits of blueberry
- Blueberry is rich in iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, and vitamin K. All these elements strengthen bones and promote good health.
- Blueberries have the highest antioxidant supply of all fresh fruits.
- Along with antioxidants and other benefits, blueberry helps boost the immune system.
- According to some studies, anthocyanin, the primary antioxidant found in blueberries, can fight heart diseases.(which indicates that it is beneficial for your heart health).
What is more beneficial?
Both these berries are a healthy choice with low fat and carbs. Although strawberries have low-calorie content, blueberries are healthy due to the abundant amount of antioxidants.
Read more in Healthy Diet