Chronic fatigue syndrome is a disease that generally comes in when the natural rhythm of the body is continuously disturbed, not following your daily routines and not having a fixed time for them like eating on time, sleeping on time, eating the right diet, not following proper personal hygiene all this will lead to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The system starts to dysfunction as the body is full of toxins due to the sinful lifestyle. You start to get specific symptoms like fatigue, extreme exhaustion, sore throat, headaches & pains, neurological problems, always lack the initiative, and just become lethargic. Many would also go into depression and has no concentration in doing his or her job. The philosophy behind Ayurveda is that all diseases caused by an imbalance of energy in the body. The rigour differs from person to person depending on what has aggravated the disease, the Vata, pitta, or the Kapha Dosha.
Mrs Gita Ramesh, Jt MD Kairali Ayurvedic Group states that "when digestion is not proper, and it's weak, it will lead to the formation of toxins or Ama in the body. Ama is the source root of all disorders in the body and brings about a complete asymmetry of the Doshas in the body, which could be the aggravators or the degradations of the doshas. The treatments to be given would be as to how the doshas have to be brought back into its normal levels."
- A holistic approach is taken whereby the root cause of the disease is treated and not just the symptoms keeping in mind of a complete improvement of not only the body but the mind and soul too.
- Detoxification and rejuvenation procedures are adopted along with proper diet, yoga, and meditation. Some herbal medicine followed by panchakarma therapy.
Detoxification and rejuvenation treatments mostly would be Abhyangam, Dhara, Pizichi, Navarakaizhi, Pichu, etc. are the treatments that would be administrated. However, the ultimate choice is left to the physician, taking into consideration the patient's biological condition and the dosha imbalance.
This prepares the patient to administrate the next course of treatment, Panchakarma Therapy.
- Panchkarma is a unique gift from Ayurveda which consists of five main procedures.
- Vamana or therapeutic emesis, this procedure is useful in predominant Kapha.
- Virechan or therapeutic purgation, this procedure is beneficial in deranges pitta.
- Nasya, In this medicated oils, is administrated through the nose after massaging the face with medicated oils. This treatment is beneficial for the upper body and the nervous system.
- Vasti or Medicated enema, this is useful in Vata vitiation.
- Rakta Moksham or bloodletting is an effective blood purification therapy.
According to Mrs Gita Ramesh, during this procedure, diet also plays an essential factor; diet for chronic fatigue syndrome should consist of lots of vegetables, fruits, and soups. Vegetable like carrots, cucumber Ash Gourds all types of gourds varieties are recommended. Spices like cumin, coriander, ginger, garlic, turmeric, cloves, cinnamon, pepper, fennel, etc. are delicious if added to the diet.
- Tea, Coffee, Alcohol, yoghurt, white sugar should be avoided entirely; sleeping during the day should also be avoided.
- Ama Peuetrate specific body tissues or physiological systems. If treated in the initial stage itself, it is elementary to care, if not, it will be challenging to control.
- The results are sure & permanent; however, these procedures have to do under a good, reputed & qualified Ayurvedic practitioner.
Read more articles on Ayurveda