Ayurvedic Cure for Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a condition in which the density of bone decreases, thereby making the bones fragile. Osteoporosis leads to unusually porous bones that can be compressed like a sponge. Factors such as intake of steroids, certain other medicines or consumption of excessive alcohol may also contribute to osteoporosis.
Both women and men can be affected by this disorder. Osteoporosis results in recurrent fractures in the bones particularly the spine, hips, ribs, and wrists bones. Ayurvedic cure for osteoporosis is simple to follow and helps relieve the problem naturally. Some effective home remedies are listed below.
- Pop a handful of sesame seeds every morning. An effective home remedy for osteoporosis, sesame seeds provide 1,000 mg of natural calcium in a hanful.
- Dandelion tea is also considered to be helpful in treating osteoporosis. It helps to increase bone density.
- Almond milk is another good home remedy to cure osteoporosis. It is a rich source of calcium which is required for healthy bones. You can easily make it at home by soaking almonds in warm water, peeling, grinding and mixing with milk.
- Vitamin D helps the body in calcium absorption and augments bone health. When the body is exposed to sunlight, it converts cholesterol into vitamin D. Therefore the easiest ayurvedic cure for osteoporosis is generous exposure of the body to sunrays for 30 minutes every day.
- The best avurvedic cure for osteoporosis is consuming soy products. Since imbalances of hormones result in bone loss, soy products help in balancing the estrogen levels required for women suffering from osteoporosis.
- Chaste berry is known to keep hormonal levels in balance.
- Manganese is a vital mineral for treating osteoporosis according to the latest studies. Ayurvedic experts recommend inclusion of manganese rich foods such as pineapples, spinach, beans, nuts and whole wheat in the diet.
- Yet another ayurvedic cure for osteoporosis is brussel sprouts also known to prevent diseases such as cancer and heart problems. These sprouts provide vitamin K that protects the bones against osteoporosis.
- Moreover, ayurvedic treatments such as Panchakarma are practiced to treat osteoporosis since ages. Consult an expert to follow this age-oldayurvedic therapy.
Osteoporosis can be effectively cured with some lifestyle changes and consumption of a diet rich in calcium, protein and vitamin D which are vital for bone composition and bone health. At the same time, it is also recommended to follow an exercise regime such as swimming, walking or yoga to treat osteoporosis naturally.
Read More Articles on Ayurveda
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 26, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.