Acidity is a medical condition in which the stomach witnesses excessive acidic secretion. It is often referred to as Amalpitta in ayurveda. Ama (toxic) is the main acidic perpetrator. In acidity, three kinds of doshic imbalances can occur due to interventions of vata, kalpa or both of them. To keep a check on these imbalances, you can rely on ayurvedic treatment for acidity. Ulcer is a common complain from acidity and this article will be useful for those looking for ayurvedic treatment for ulcer.
Some of the ayurvedic treatments for acidity can be used for biding farewell to the problem forever.
- Chewing tulsi leaves can give a big relief from acidity by calming down the burning sensation and gas.
- Keep jaggery or gurr in your mouth and slowly suck it till the time acidity caves in.
- Eat banana, cucumber and water melon on an hourly basis.
- You can also go for coriander seeds and aniseed or sauf to get instant relief from acidity.
- Drink lemon juice with addition of equal amounts of salt and sugar.
- Coconut water is one of the natural remedies of acidity if consumed 4 to 5 times a day.
- Chewing harad (terminilian chebula) after every meal is one of the popular ayurvedic remedies for acidity.
- Raw garlic is the arch enemy of acidity. let it do the job for you!
- Mix 1 table of chebulic myroblan with one tablespoon of amla juice and drink it daily.
- Maintain an upright position for some time after meals.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoon of honey in a glass of water and drink it before meals.
- Mint juice is another contender in ayurveda treatment for acidity cures.
- Reduce your diet to 3/4th of your regular diet.
- Exercising is highly recommended. So after every meal, walk, twist and twirl!
- Whenever you feel heartburn or acidic, eat some almonds.
- Make sure that your diet is a combination of all tastes instead of focus on just one taste.
- Drink cold milk to receive instant relief from heartburn and acidity.
- Food rich in fibre such as fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, pulses and seeds must be consumed. They help in digestion.
- Acidic food such as pickles, vinegar, tamarinds and curds should be avoided during an acidity attack.
Besides following all the above mentioned ayurevda tips for acidity, you can bring about certain changes in your eating habits and lifestyle.
- Fatty and oil food rich in acidic contents should be avoided while your ayurveda for acidity schedule is in process.
- Avoid drinking water immediately after eating.
- Lessen the intake of tea and coffee and avoid smoking.
- An elevated sleeping posture is really beneficial. By elevated we mean that your head and shoulders should be comforted on a high pillow.
Ayurveda is widely used for the instant relief that it is known to provide. Most of the ayurvedic medicines for acidity are home based, and that is what makes it all the more easy to follow and dependable as well. Ayurvedic treatment for ulcer and acidity can be a big relief as you can save yourself from the side-effects of medications.
Read more articles on Ayurveda.