5 Exercises For Flabby Arms That Every Woman Should Try
- Regular exercise can help you get rid of those flabby arms
- Triceps Extensions helps tone the arms and it also makes the arms strong
- Triceps dips strengthens the triceps and helps tone the arms.
Flabby arms look as bad as any other part of the body with excess fat. They make you look bad. They make sleeveless clothes seem like a distant dream. Flabby arms can ruin your entire look even if you have a perfect body. Flabby arms are also known as bat wings.
Regular exercise can definitely help you get rid of those flabby arms - the ones you despise so much. Let’s take a look at some exercises that can help you tone them down.
Push-ups are chest exercises but they can help work triceps as well, thereby reducing the fat around your arms.
- Lie flat on the floor and keep your weight on your chest with your elbows pointed towards your toes
- Make a straight line from head to toe – a plank.
- Now, lower your torso to the ground holding yourself up with your hands and come back up to the initial position.
- Keep your body as straight as possible. Come a few inches up the ground each time you go down for a rep.
This exercise definitely helps tone the arms and it also makes the arms strong.
- Stand straight with a dumbbell in your hand and keep your feet width apart from each other.
- Hold the dumbbell with both hands and hold them behind your head with your palms facing upward.
- Keep your upper arms close to your head and your elbow perpendicular to the floor.
- Breathe in as you do this and go back to the initial position by using the triceps to raise the dumbbell.
One-Arm Side Push-Up
One-arm side push-up is an exercise specifically for the triceps.
- Lay on your left side on an exercise mat with your right arm bent, keeping the palm flat on your shoulder.
- Wrap your left arm around your rib cage with your knees slightly bent.
- Push yourself up from the ground with the help of your right arm.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Do 15-20 reps.
This is easy and can be done pretty much anywhere. But ensure that you are being careful. This strengthens the triceps and helps tone the arms.
- Place your hands shoulder-width apart on a bench or a chair.
- Extend your legs in front of you.
- Straighten your arms while bending your knees, keeping the tension on your triceps.
- Now, bend your elbows to lower your body towards the floor.
- Once close to the ground, straighten your elbows by pushing them into the bench or chair.
- Come back to the starting position and repeat.
- Do 15-20 reps and 3 sets.
Pulling the hands to the opposite sides creates a stretch in the triceps, which helps in toning them.
- Raise your hands above your head and hold your right wrist with your left hand – interlock them.
- Now, pull your right hand towards your left, making your right elbow fall behind your head.
- Now, release and take your arms back to the center.
- Repeat on the other side and do at least 20 reps on each side.
Read more articles on Exercise and Fitness.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth app.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Nov 14, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.