The term health insurance is a type of insurance which grants you cover against ever rising medical care costs or expenses, beginning from diseases to grave accidental injuries. Health insurance is a critical monetary product that is a must for every individual irrespective of his or her age, sex or religious specification. It aids you in obtaining the first class treatment without muddling your head much over the financial costs involved.
Our lives cannot be predicted; hence health insurance helps to make it secure and protected from handling mammoth financial hammering. It not only helps you in dealing with severe emergencies effectively, but it also beneficial in dealing with disability and custodial needs.
Health insurance as a concept is new in India, however it is catching up speedily. Its responsiveness has been massive in the last couple of years. This is due to the response to the series of qualms, worries and suspicions people have observed in current times such as terror attacks and so on.
In brief, a health insurance is a contract signed between an individual and an insurance company.
One must note in advance, the amount and type of health care expenses that will be covered under a health plan. Based on the terms and condition of a health insurance policy, it covers major and at times all part of medical expenses which includes medications, nursing expenses and doctor’s consultation charges. Treatment can be obtained from any authorized hospital or medical organization across India.
Health insurance in India can be purchased in two available formats: individual and group plans. In an individual policy, he or she is himself or herself the owner of the policy, whereas in group policy, the guarantor or the sponsor purchases the policy and the beneficiaries covered under it are labeled as its members.
Looking at the sky mounting expenses now a day’s, health insurance is a must. A simple appointment with your doctor is capable of shelling big bucks from your pocket, it is then that health insurance comes in handy.
Convoluted medical treatment expenses combined along with modern sedentary lifestyle patterns could binge into your savings which for all obvious reasons is meant for your future. For peaceful, secure and healthy lives of you and your family, it is always advisable to buy a well suited health insurance plan. Right from the food we consume to the air we inhale to our daily stressful activities, having a right health insurance plan is imperative.
At some time or the other, we all have met people who wonder that if they buy a Health insurance policy, it is certain for them to get ill. However, let us face the fact. We all need a health insurance plan in order to cover a small appendix operation cost which is more than Rs. 25,000, when compared to the year 2000, when it was close to just about Rs. 10,000. The cost of any sort of treatment is likely to shoot, without giving a prior notice to general public in advance.
The benefits of a health insurance policy are multi fold. It not only aids you in getting a suitable treatment keeping your pocket under watch, but it also covers the signs of financial instabilities in the event of long, delayed illnesses.
Benefits of a health insurance policy depend on two factors: the coverage it provides and the policy you choose. Let’s explore some of the basic advantages that major health policies provide.
1. It aids in rendering a safe future by paying a fraction as your medical care costs, which is called as the premium. Depending upon the kind of policy you have opted for, it at times can cover the whole chunk of your medical costs.
2. It helps in dealing with huge amount of monetary losses and danger of financial breakdown in the cases of costly medications and post-illness care.
3. It unquestionably gives you a sense of security.
4. Depending upon the type of widely available policy that you opt for, it aids in covering pre-hospitalization to post-hospitalization bills, for the period of 30 days and 60 days respectively.
5. It helps in providing a financial security to the family members.
6. It also takes care of custodial bills and disability.
7. One can also benefit from the tax benefits on the premium paid under section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
8. Depending upon the type of policy you claim for, one can also avail discounts on insurance premium which is available on family packages.
9. The premiums are considerably available at much cheaper costs for younger people.
10. Domiciliary hospitalization can also be covered.
S.K. Sethi, Vice President of Insurance Foundation of India answers 10 most frequently asked questions about Health Insurance.read more
IRDA is doing a wonderful job in regulating insurance industry of this country. You might have had bad experience with a company.read more