Computers are necessary evils. We are as much slaves to them as they are to us. Since we need to use them, we cannot escape the ill-effects of prolonged usage. Here are a few precautions and preventive measures to deal with the issue.
In this digital world, everything is digitized. Computers and other digital gadgets have become a necessity that we completely rely on them. It feels like we are a slave to them. They do ease our work but there are a lot of downsides too that we cannot ignore. Working on a computer for long hours cause back pain, headache, shoulder pain, etc. While you cannot do without computers, you certainly can do something about your health. By taking some preventive steps, you can avert health risks caused by working on computers.
- Don't sit pretty before the monitor. Every 30 to 40 minutes take a walk around so that back and eyes get some respite and legs some circulation.
- Try to look at natural greenery outside the window or at something blue. Green and blue are soothing colours and cool the eyes.
- Blink as often as you can.
- Make a cup of your palms and cover your eyes. This small effort will make your feel relaxed.
- Splash eyes with cold water when you get up or when you feel strain in the eyes. With this simple action, you avoid irritation, redness and allergies in eyes.
- If you are using glasses, wash them at least once a day, as many times they are blotched and cloudy with little particles of dust stuck on them which interferes with vision.
- Shoulder and back relaxation techniques.
- Lift your shoulders and keep them up for 10 seconds bring them down for 10 seconds.
- Throw your head back for 10 seconds and bring it up for 10 seconds.
- Bring your head sideways to the count of 5 and back straight to the count of five.
- Rotate your shoulders five times clockwise and then five times anti-clockwise.
- Do the same movement with wrists.
- This encourages circulation in joints and removes stiffness and pain.
- Periodically straighten your back for 10 seconds and and loose for 10 seconds.These little exercises are devised from yoga and T'ai Chi and help energy flow to loosen joints.They do not cost you anything and can help save thousands in medications and surgeries.
Things to watch out for
- Since computer professionals have to spend most of the time sitting on chair, it leads to digestive problems. Lighter food is recommended for them. Have more fruits and vegetables and less of fries and greasy food.
- A routine of exercise must be cultivated. It can be something your lifestyle allows and you are able to do easily, be it walking, running, swimming, a game of tennis. These help increase concentration power and lift your mood.
- Otherwise, every morning stand in front of an open window and take 5 to 10 deep breaths. This gives ample oxygen for energy and rejuvenation.
Computer professionals spend more time sitting on chair, it leads to digestive problems. Lighter food like fruits and vegetables and less greasy food is recommended.
Read more on Miscellaneous
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.