Losing weight is not a piece of cake and it is very difficult for some people due to various health conditions. The basic rule of losing weight is not overeating and controlling your food portions. You have to avoid taking more than two servings and that too very small ones. Weight management can become easier if you reduce your portion size. There are a lot of other ways too to cut your calories and lose weight. In this article, you will get to know about the benefits and tips of eating small portions of food.
Why is it good to eat small food servings?
There is a valid reason behind every weight loss measure. From consuming high protein meals to eating slowly, there is an explanation behind every tip. Eating small food servings is not just beneficial for weight loss but is also a fine way to stay healthy. Below mentioned are some reasons why eating small food servings is good for you:
- 1. It is quite obvious that if you include healthy food items in your meal and decrease the portion size, then the calorie intake will also get low. Less calorie consumption is the most important way of weight loss.
- 2. This is a very unknown fact that eating small portions can also help in maintaining your blood sugar levels. It is absolutely true. Eating small portions of food will prevent the rise of glucose levels, which in turn keep your blood sugar levels in control. It prevents you from becoming calorie deficit.
- 3. Another benefit that eating small serving brings with it is that it helps your body in regulating your digestive system effectively. Eating heavy food and that too in a fast speed can be very harmful for your digestion.
- 4. Have you ever thought how much money you spend on food in a day? Well, its a lot! Therefore, by reducing the food servings, you can gain financial benefits too. Even if you go out to eat, order less and save money!
How to eat small portions?
It is not everyone's cup of tea to decrease their food portion size. Even with their weight loss determination, some fall short in this area. Therefore, here are some tips for you to eat small portions of food:
1. Increase vegetables and fruits
Vegetables and fruits provide many essential nutrients to your body. Increasing these two in your meals will make up a strong, healthy and heavy meal, but the serving has to be less.
2. Water intake with every meal
Staying hydrated is very important for your body function and for weight loss too. If you take water before and with every meal, it will make you eat less. You food intake will reduce and most of your stomach will get filled by water.
3. Have spicy meals
Many researches have observed that eating spicy food gives you a full feeling. You can try adding hot peppers to your meal for less intake of food. It will even make you drink more water giving a full feeling at the end.
4. Take soup before your meal
Having soup before your meals can help you eat less amount of food. Soap is liquid and contains certain ingredients like fiber that help in reducing hunger. A small bowl of soup can help you in your weight loss journey.
5. Use small cutlery and crockery
It is a tried and tested method that if you reduce the size of your crockery and cutlery, it can help in consuming less amount of food. Taking a big bowl full of food will make you take a lot of calories, resulting in weight gain.
(Written By Navya Kharbanda)
Read more on Weight Management