If you are consuming a high protein diet to lose weight, you might be confused which protein to consume- whey protein or soy protein. Here is your road map to choose the best protein for you.
Are you also one of those fitness enthusiasts who is confused between Whey protein and Soy protein? Or are you, a casual person looking for weight loss methods by understanding the benefits of protein? Here is everything you need to know about whey protein and soy protein which will make you reach a better conclusion so you can get maximum benefits of your healthy diet.
Recent studies have shown that the nutritional value of protein exists in various other food items other than meat, such as whey shake and soy foods. Based on your goals and dietary habits you can consume either of these proteins.
What are your Fitness Goals?
- Whey protein is great if your goal is fat burning and building lean muscle. Most athletes and bodybuilders prefer this product in the form of whey shake. It gives a boost to their energy level and improves the recovery time after workout or injury.
- Whey protein also assists in weight loss by stimulating bodybuilding muscles more efficiently.
- Soy protein, on the other hand, has vital amino acids. It is a great alternative to meat, especially if you are a vegetarian. It is also a good source of plant-based protein and rich in nutrients.
- If you have high cholesterol, then this product is effective for treating it, thereby reducing the risk of a heart attack.By itself, it may not build muscle as effectively. However, combining soy foods with dairy products may result in greater muscle build.
What are your Dietary Preferences?
- Whey protein is superior to other sources due to its fast absorption rate in the human body after consumption. Your body can consume and digest 100% of it. Post workout whey shake is popular because of this reason.
- Caution! If you have a weak liver, then it is advised to avoid whey. Large intakes of it could lead to liver damage.
- Soy protein increases lean muscle tissue at almost the same level as non-dairy products. It is available in powder form and can be added to your vegetables and cereals. Soy meat is another popular alternative which is vegan-friendly. It is also perfect for lactose intolerant people.
- Caution! Soy contains high carbohydrate content. However, these are most essential carbs along with unsaturated fats.
Most people agree that a high protein diet is an essential part of a healthy diet. The benefits vary from weight loss to improving metabolic health tofitness to muscle building. By experimenting with different types, flavors, you can determine which diet suits you more.
Inputs by: Suman Pahuja from Fat to Fab
Read more articles on Weight Management.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.