- A nutritionist is an individual who has studied the science of nutrition including dietetics and food management systems.
- Well-versed with sources of nutrition, nutritional deficiencies and malnutrition, the role of a nutritionist entails designing of meal plans, nutrition programs for weight loss/gain, food purchasing, food analysis and overall supervision of food preparation. Besides,
- Nutritionists at medical centres and hospitals are also required to conduct a detailed analysis of the nutritional requirements of patients and do specific menu-planning for them in consultation with doctors.
- Nutritionists also write dietary literature and public reports pertaining to nutritional science.
- The minimum education of a nutritionist may be a bachelor degree in food science or nutrition, though some nutritionists may be duly certified, licensed and registered with state governments after clearing tests and internship requisites.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.