Associated with multiple health benefits, xylitol has emerged as the best substitute for sugar. Found in fibrous vegetables, xylitol is a 5-carbon sugar alcohol, possessing a low glycemic Index (7) and the same sweetness as sugar. It is available in the forms of candies and gums.
With 40% lesser calories than sugar and bacteria-fighting properties, xylitol is highly remedial in:
- weight loss
- increasing bone density
- maintaining hormonal balance, and
- stabilising blood sugar levels in diabetic patients.
- keeping bacterial-related oral, nasal, and ear infections at bay.
- Especially in women, the other evident health benefits of xylitol include prevention of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, depression, hot flashes, PMS and excessive postpartum weight gain.
- Regular xylitol intake successfully evades tooth decay, dental plaque and dental caries.