Radiations emanating from mobile and their towers are a significant cause of fertility loss in women, says a WHO study
Constant use of the mobile phone has always been in question. Several studies and researches have been carried out stating the ill-effects of mobile radiation, reducing the sperm count in males and fertility in females. Not only this, but mobile radiation can also cause brain tumours. Constant use of smartphones has become a part of our everyday lives, but one should even know its ill-effects on the mind and body.
The Alarming Figures
- Research by WHO revealed that there is a risk of cancer from mobile radiation.
- Scientists in Hungary found that the number of young men who used cell phones had a reduced sperm count.
- According to research conducted in Germany, the probability of cancer among those who were living in the 400 meters area of the transmitter antenna increased threefold. Transmission in an area of 400 metres is 100 times more than the rest of the area.
- According to research conducted in Kerala, the commercial population of bees has fallen by 60 per cent due to radiation from cell phone towers.
- The cows that laid eggs near cell phone towers did not have children even after 30 days, which usually takes 10-14 days.
- Interphone studies indicate that prolonged use of mobiles increases the risk of developing tumours.
Also Read: Tips for Living with Lupus While Pregnant
Health Risks Associated With Phone Radiations
Experts say that mobile radiation can cause headache, tingling in the head, persistent fatigue, dizziness, depression, sleepiness, eye discomfort, loss of attention, ringing in ears, hearing loss, memory loss, digestive disturbances, irregular heartbeat, joint pain, etc.
Research says that mobile radiation can also lead to loss of fertility, cancer, brain tumour and miscarriage. As we all know, our body is 70 per cent water. Even in the brain, water is up to 90 per cent. This water gradually absorbs phone radiation and is very harmful to health. According to the WHO report, there is a possibility of cancer in those who are always on their phones.
Women & Kids More Prone
Radiation is harmful to all but children, women, and the elderly may suffer more from it. The Food and Drugs Administration of America says that children and adolescents should not spend much time on mobiles and use speakerphones or handsets so that the distance between the head and the mobile remains. Children and pregnant women should also avoid excessive use of mobile phones.
Using a mobile phone for 24 minutes throughout the day is considered good for health. It is also essential to know the SAR value of your mobile. Talking less on phones of higher SAR value is more harmful than talking more on phones with lower SAR value. Using landline phones for more extended conversations is an easy way to avoid radiation.
Types of Radiations
Microwave radiation is caused by electromagnetic waves that have frequencies ranging from 1000 to 3000 MHz. Microwave ovens, ACs, wireless computers, cordless phones and other wireless devices also produce radiation. But mobile radiation is proven to be the most dangerous due to increasing use of smartphones and its proximity to the body.
Read more articles on Miscellaneous
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.