Chronic Headaches Should Be Treated On Time: Delayed Treatment Can be Linked to Brain Tumour
Do you always feel a tingling sensation in your head and even have bouts of sudden headaches, which are difficult to bear? These chronic headaches can be a reason for several other illnesses
Headaches are often an everyday thing for some people. However, persistent headaches can be an alarm to something severe happening inside your body. A minor headache can give you sleepless nights, lead to a drastic change in behaviour, can make your day-to-day life miserable and can lead to several other medical ailments. It is essential for you to understand the root cause of the headache and take proper steps for curing it. To understand headaches better, one should be aware as to how these headaches start. For some, the pain is the feeling of someone squeezing their head while some feel immense pressure on the head. The pressure is such that the eyes may turn red. It starts on both the sides and then spreads till the neck. It can be a hindrance in concentration and can also lead to a night of disturbed sleep. It generally starts in the day time and persists till the end of the day. Sleeping in an awkward position can also be a significant reason for such headaches. Also, the feeling of nausea is frequent and persistent.
Symptoms and Reasons
Headaches can be a reason for several reasons. Right from hunger to some mental disorder, several reasons can lead to headaches. It is important to analyse all possible conditions for the right diagnosis. Following are some of the reasons that can lead to chronic headaches. Most of the symptoms are a result of lifestyle alterations:
- Stress levels
- Alcohol and smoking
- Poor diet habits
- Lack of sleep and poor posture while sleeping
- Due to food high in nitrate
- Acute and chronic sinusitis
- Teeth problems
Types of Headaches
Unaware of this fact, there is more than one type of headache, which we should know. It is important to know the kind of headache for proper cure and treatment:
- Sex headaches
- Rebound headaches; it happens due to some side-effect of a medicine
- Spinal headaches; due to problems related to the spine
- Exercise headaches
- Cough headaches
Treatment is Important
Headaches can give you sleepless nights. It is important to understand the root cause and treat it accordingly. The following are some of the treatment options to get rid of chronic headaches:
- Over the counter medications: Painkiller can be taken to treat headaches. However, prolonged use of them cause lead to resistance in the body. Consult a doctor if the pain persists.
- Keeping a check on stress levels: Stress is a primary reason that contributes towards headache, and this trigger should be controlled to avoid this condition! Opt for exercises for breathing and relaxation to keep stress levels in control.
- Exercise regularly: Those who are active and healthy, encounter lesser headaches. A fatigued body leads to chronic headaches. Regular exercising relaxes your muscles and gives you the energy to face the day.
- Acupuncture: Combines with physiotherapy; this works wonders in treating headaches.
Read more articles on other diseases
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jun 09, 2019
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.