Delicious date recipe allows you to fuse taste and health together. This Ramzan special dessert will amplify the joy and excitement of Ramzan.
Dates are full of taste and nutrients. And on such an auspicious occasion as Ramzan, popularity and importance of eating Dates doubles up. So, today we teach you a scrumptious date burfi recipe for Ramzan. This date recipe allows you to fuse taste and health together. This Ramzan special dessert will amplify the joy and excitement of Ramzan.
And the best part that this recipe won’t take much time and is simple and easy to prepare.
- Dates – 2 Cups (400 Gms)
- Walnut – ½ cup (approx. 50 Gms)
- Cashew nuts – ½ Cup (approx. 50 Gms)
- Pistachio – 2 Tbsp (approx. 20 Gms)
- Almonds - ½ Cup (approx. 50 Gms)
- Finely grated Coconut – ½ Cup (approx. 25 Gms)
- Poppy seeds – 2 Tbsp (approx. 20 Gms)
- Charoli (Chironji) - 2 Tbsp (approx. 20 Gms)
- Nutmeg – 1
- Cardamom – 6 to 7
- Desi Ghee – 2 tbsp
How to make Date Burfi
- First of all chop the dates and remove the seeds. Along with that finely chop cashews, almonds, walnuts and pistachio.
- Now, powder the nutmeg and cardamom. Keep aside.
- Take a pan and roast the cashew, almonds and walnut in ghee for about two minutes, keep moving the ladle till the nuts are golden brown. Now add the nutmeg and cardamom powder and along with that add the grated coconut and charoli (chironji) and mix well.
- Keep the mixture aside. Let it cool.
- Now, moist your palms with a little ghee and make dough out of the mixture. Make a big thick chapatti and then cut small pieces from it.
- Dust the pieces with the pistachio powder.
- Enjoy your date burfi.
Read more articles in Diet & Nutrition.
For more such stories, Download Onlymyhealth App.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.