Swollen lower abdomen (6 months) after c-section: Motherhood is a beautiful feeling for every woman! But with this feeling, new mothers also face some difficulties! Stomach or belly enlargement is a common problem after C-section, i.e. cesarean delivery, (and this problem is the leading cause of stress for new mothers). Just remember that your weight will not lose immediately after birth, but if effective and safe measures are adopted, then your stomach may be the same as before. C-section, i.e. Caesarean, is used when traditional methods of delivery are difficult or normal delivery threatens the health of mother or baby. Never try to lose belly fat immediately after Caesarean. It is essential to be patient in this process and give time to the body to recover after delivery.
- Breastfeed: If women breastfeed, they lose weight faster than mothers who do not. While breastfeeding, the body burns several calories. It takes a lot of energy, and the body has to work hard to produce milk. Lactating mothers burn an average of 250 to 500 calories daily. However, this depends on the mother's weight and how much she breastfeeds.
- Make distance with processed food, eat healthy food: Healthy snacking does not mean going on a diet. It merely involves eradicating junk food from your diet and replacing them with a nutritious diet. Chips, bakery foods, fried foods and all processed foods have a rapid effect on weight and weight loss. Processed foods are high in calories. Low-fat food such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, nuts etc. should be consumed. Your diet should be rich in, minerals, vitamins, and carbohydrates.
- Walk to lose weight: Walking is a good exercise that can be done after a c-section. It is a light and simple exercise that takes care of heart and blood circulation.
- Yoga: Do yoga after C-section instead of heavy workouts. You can begin to do yoga on the advice of a doctor. This will strengthen the muscles and help rebuild the loose muscles. Pranayama will also provide benefit to your swollen abdominal muscles. P.S. You should start heavy workouts only after 6 to 8 weeks of having a baby.
- Use abdominal belt: In the initial months after delivery, the abdominal belt can be useful in reducing abdominal fat. You can use the belt all the time, but not while sleeping, while eating and while using washrooms. After two months of delivery, the stitches can be tied with a belt or cloth if they look good.
- Benefits of massage: After delivery, get the stomach massage done for swollen abdominal muscles. But remember, to start it two weeks after Caesarean, not before that. Massage helps in toning the muscles and also reduces the size of the stomach.
- Proper sleep is necessary: Rest also plays a role to bring the stomach back to shape. Lack of sleep causes swelling and cortisol release in the body. Cortisol is a stress hormone associated with abdominal enlargement.
- Drink plenty of water: It is necessary to drink enough water to reduce belly fat. This will create a fluid balance in the body as well as burn the growing fat (around the waist).
Read More in Women's Health
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.